Area 7 Stages

It won't make a difference in the match. The winner will be able to make these shots easily. The guys at the bottom aren't, but they won't do well on the other stages. Its the guys in the middle that will take a beating on this stage.

Those that don't work at it, will do poorly. But that holds true regardless of stages.
This is supposed to be a competition, not something that everyone gets a cookie!

Those that don't work at it, will do poorly. But that holds true regardless of stages.
This is supposed to be a competition, not something that everyone gets a cookie!

Eh. Mike's wound tight. If he can't run he gets all cranky.

Where are you hitting at 25 yards? Dead on the point of aim?
I know.....25 yards???? Are you nuts? that's a long way off!! [smile]

Donna fwiw I sight my iron sight gun (production) at 25 yards. The offset/bullet drop don't have a significant effect on me at those distances. At 100 yards things change a bit.

The bigger factor by a long shot is holding the sight picture well while pulling the trigger!

Depends on the gun, load and at what distance you sighted in.
I aim lower, because I am sighted in to the top of the dot at 25y. But my offset is huge. Best bet is to go out and see where it hits

Thanks guys. I guess I need to find someplace to practice that. Probably won't matter though because I probably can't even see the target at that distance, never mind hit it! LOL

Lugnut and GI

Remember when I asked you to come to the IRC and Bianchi with me because it would help you some day and you repeatedly refused ?....

GI - the Bianchi AP1s with USPSA hardcover painted on them in the shed are mine. Let me know if you want some....just $10 each.

Craig

Last edited:
Lugnut and GI

Remember when I asked you to come to the IRC and Bianchi with me because it would help you some day and you repeatedly refused ?....

GI - the Bianchi AP1s with USPSA hardcover painted on them in the shed are mine. Let me know if you want some....just $10 each.

Craig

To bad the pit is only 20 yds...

Or if your splits are so long that you can't get off enough shots

That is certainly a good way to die on this stage. That aside, I predict all but a thin margin of shooters will shoot this like they are at 10 yds and leave time on the table they should have used to aim...

Just for academic reasons call it..

1.80 draw
1.20 reload

So 3 seconds for gun handling and the respective shot from each, 10 splits left in 9 seconds right? .9 available for each shot.

The vast majority will not come close to having the discipline to allow themselves even .7 per shot, nevermind .8 or .85

The best runs(besides the fringe GM's and those who know) will be the ones that use the entire clock and are not rushed/urgent.

We've done this before at HSC I believe...or something like this.
Shot it at the Revo Nats out to 25-30 yrds ? Think I got 20 out of 48 on cardboard [crying]

When u going to practice again Lugnut ??

Last night at Hopkinton practice we setup a couple of sets of 2/3 scale targets to approximate what will be, according to the chatter here, the most talked about stage of the match. shooting at the scale targets at 100' was....interesting. my first run I rushed and finished 1.5sec or so early and had 5-6 misses I think. my second run I took my time but still botched the reload a bit. went 1.5sec over but got all rounds on to the smaller target. later in the practice I went back over and tried again with horrible results. this one will require some work :-/

View attachment 74803

Try this, just the stages, no intro pages.

Thanks, Dave. The standards don't appear to be all that difficult. The big decision for me would (I can't make the match) be whether or not to go prone at 40 yds. With a 12 second time limit, I would likely opt for prone.

Unless they run multiple shooters at once, three starts will make this stage a slow one. I have always been a fan of standards and am happy to see them included in this match.

We've done this before at HSC I believe...or something like this.
Shot it at the Revo Nats out to 25-30 yrds ? Think I got 20 out of 48 on cardboard [crying]

When u going to practice again Lugnut ??

Not sure.. but I need it!

Thanks, Dave. The standards don't appear to be all that difficult. The big decision for me would (I can't make the match) be whether or not to go prone at 40 yds. With a 12 second time limit, I would likely opt for prone.

Wow have you done them? 40 yards? I was doing 35 yards. I was meeting the time pretty well but not the hits. Ds and Cs are very costly in this stage.

I haven't tried these standards but have shot many like them. 50 yd standards used to be commonplace. They have fallen out of favor because they are time consuming and a lot of people don't think they are "fun". Most people shoot faster and more accurately at longer distances from the prone position.

Time is the big problem. If you waste too much time getting into position, you will lose any advantage you might have gained because you will be forced to rush your shots. The only way to decide is to practice; shoot the course of fire both ways and compare results. You also need to practice getting into the prone position to save that valuable time.

I just set this up at 40 yards and had at it. For me, to get off 12 aimed shots with 12 hits, im at about 13-14 seconds. A few runs I got in 12 shots under par time, but had 3 or more mikes.

Im taking too long to get on target from the draw and reload. I need practice

I find it interesting that the standards stage is what everyone is talking about. This should be a really fun match. There is a chance I could have to miss it for work which would suck.

Also, last I checked their were at least 18 guns, $2200 worth of certificates and a bunch of other goodies donated with more promise.

I find it interesting that the standards stage is what everyone is talking about. This should be a really fun match. There is a chance I could have to miss it for work which would suck.

Also, last I checked their were at least 18 guns, $2200 worth of certificates and a bunch of other goodies donated with more promise.

Standards have been missing from USPSA matches for a long time. They are a topic of discussion because a lot of today's shooters are unfamiliar with them.

PS I am going to miss the match because of work, and it does suck!

Back
Top Bottom