Are Gun Rights The Next Target Of Corporate Censorship?

Reptile

NES Member
Ever since Dick’s Sporting Goods and banks such as Citigroup made business decisions in line with the mainstream media’s push for gun control, some opponents of gun control have debated whether private companies pose a bigger threat to gun rights than government does. In the case of Dick’s Sporting Goods, the outdoor company decided to stop selling rifles like the AR-15 and banned the sale of firearms to individuals younger than 21. In response to the Parkland shooting in Florida, banks like Citigroup also crafted their own anti-gun policies as reported in The New York Times:

Citigroup is setting restrictions on the sale of firearms by its business customers, making it the first Wall Street bank to take a stance in the divisive nationwide gun control debate.

The new policy, announced Thursday, prohibits the sale of firearms to customers who have not passed a background check or who are younger than 21. It also bars the sale of bump stocks and high-capacity magazines.

It’s not just gun owners who are experiencing limited shopping choices. Gun rights lobbies like the National Rifle Association have faced opposition from corporate America. Rental car companies like Avis and software companies like Symantec have severed their affiliate programs with the NRA in the wake of the Parkland shooting hysteria.

Continues...

Are Gun Rights The Next Target Of Corporate Censorship?

Good article.
If thats what a company wants to do, I say have at it.
I'd like to think that when a company makes a "feel good" decision like that, they consider the consequences of their actions, like say......taking a look at what happened to dicks when they went this route.

Citibank has been anti 2A for a very long time. They are just being more public about it recently. I dropped their card a long time ago because of it.

The next step is prohibiting advocating gun rights.

Think it can't happen? There are already issues on which society has decided there is a single correct opinion, and advocating a contrary opinion, even outside the workplace, is grounds for termination.

It would be a small leap from "prohibited hate speech" to "prohibited unsafe speech".

Last edited:
Citibank has been anti 2A for a very long time. They are just being more public about it recently. I dropped their card a long time ago because of it.

Citibank has paid for on my behalf all my guns and ammo for many years. lol

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Dick's is setting in motion a fantastic precedent for SJW CEO's. At some point, the bottom line needs to be considered. And if you don't consider it for your own personal axe to grind, you could cost shareholders millions or a complete bankruptcy. They will be the canary in the coal mine for SJW's in the hot-seat and we will go back to a more pure capitalism where companies. .. . attempt to earn money for shareholders and leave SJW'ing to their personal lives.

I am not worried about Dick's. I'm not worried about the cadre of banks that have ATTEMPTED to block firearm-related trade. Our voting block, whether we use the ballot box or the cash register, is massive.

Let them drive all gun related purchases to cash. They lose with cash and it is one less record of who bought what when.
Democraps in DC have floated numerous proposals to ban/eliminate all cash denominations larger than the $10 bill. Their goal is to make staying off the grid much harder. The eventual goal is to ban cash entirely. China is already moving in that direction for its people. Many businesses in China charge more fir using cash rather than electronic payments.
Expect liberal controlled big corps (that means most big corp) to start giving discounts for using electronic payment rather than cash. There will be a push to further penalize use of cash at some point. Democrats are already saying that only criminals don;t want the convenience of going cashless.

The next step is prohibiting advocating gun rights.

Think it can't happen? There are already issues on which society has decided there is a single correct opinion, and advocating a contrary opinion, even outside the workplace, is grounds for termination.

It would be a small leap from "prohibited hate speech" to "prohibited unsafe speech".
Already happening. I investigated taking credit cards for my training business. I don't sell any "product" at all.

I was told that because I teach about gun laws and gun safety that I "might" be subject to termination and seizure of funds paid into that account via credit card. Thus, I didn't pursue the matter any further.

We all (should) know what happens if you use PayPal and mention anything to do with firearms in the memo section!

Looks like the arbitrary and capricious limiting of firearms sales to persons over 21 isn't working out so well for Dicks. Aside from the lost business from the people they pissed off, they're now facing age discrimination cases - and losing.

Dick's Sporting Goods Settles Lawsuit Over Gun Sale Age Restrictions

However, Dick's still hasn't changed their policy. So - keep suing them. If a SJW can walk into a cake shop and intentionally set themselves up for a legal battle, there's no reason we shouldn't employ the same tactics.

They set the bar and the law is on our side here. Aside from advancing our cause, there's a pay-day in it for whoever does it. I'm not under 21 so I'm out.

....stuffing it in the face of a corporate entity that seeks to deny constitutional rights, and getting paid to do it... 2A advocates under 21 should be lining up at Dick's doors.

Last edited:
Ever since Dick’s Sporting Goods and banks such as Citigroup made business decisions in line with the mainstream media’s push for gun control, some opponents of gun control have debated whether private companies pose a bigger threat to gun rights than government does. In the case of Dick’s Sporting Goods, the outdoor company decided to stop selling rifles like the AR-15 and banned the sale of firearms to individuals younger than 21.
OK, so if you are in the business of selling fireams, you need a license, so everyone will go through a background check; How will they know if your customers are under 21? You are not selling "high capacity magazines" - you are selling "standard capacity magazines". Done!

Already happening. I investigated taking credit cards for my training business. I don't sell any "product" at all.

I was told that because I teach about gun laws and gun safety that I "might" be subject to termination and seizure of funds paid into that account via credit card. Thus, I didn't pursue the matter any further.

We all (should) know what happens if you use PayPal and mention anything to do with firearms in the memo section!
How do they know? What are you classed as? It seems that either the category of "Training Course" or "Training Classes" (without firearms, defense, etc. in the title) would work. That or listing your business as "Legal Training Courses/Classes".

The kind of thing I was thinking about was "We saw your pro-civilian carry post of facebook. We do not tolerate that attitude in our workforce, you are terminated with extreme prejudice".

We are already there with some topics, but not guns. Yet.

Back
Top Bottom