Are FA-10's being hoarded too? *5/20/2009* rec'd them

update: well, i checked my mailbox a few moments ago and BAM!

10 crisp FA-10 along with my origianl signed letter. So i guess this is better than whoring myself or driving to multiple PD's to beg.

PS: check the WTS... [wink] j/k

About a year ago I called the CHSB and had them send me a bunch, no questions were asked.

A few weeks ago, I called and asked for 10. The lady on the phone told me to go to my local PD and ask for them. I told her that the local PD only gives them out based on "need" (meaning, how many they think you need). She said "But you can only sell four guns per year." I explained that I can buy as many as I want FTF, and that I need the forms to do so.

I got them in the mail, but they don't have the cover sheet explaining how to use them or where to mail them, so if I were a newbie, I might be out of luck.

About a year ago I called the CHSB and had them send me a bunch, no questions were asked.

A few weeks ago, I called and asked for 10. The lady on the phone told me to go to my local PD and ask for them. I told her that the local PD only gives them out based on "need" (meaning, how many they think you need). She said "But you can only sell four guns per year." I explained that I can buy as many as I want FTF, and that I need the forms to do so.

I got them in the mail, but they don't have the cover sheet explaining how to use them or where to mail them, so if I were a newbie, I might be out of luck.

my local PD gives out the "naked" FA-10's - w/o the cover sheet as well. insanity.

but i know how to fill em out, thanks to NES [smile]

my local PD gives out the "naked" FA-10's - w/o the cover sheet as well. insanity.

It's just one more way to try to cut costs on a program that they didn't need to start up in the first place.

In 70 years, Canada has used their registration system to solve 3 crimes.

3. [thinking]

CHSB has them again (they were out of stock). You can phone them 617-660-4782 to order.
I just received some in the mail today with the instruction sheets included.
If you need the instructions Vellnueve has them posted here on NES.
http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=745344&postcount=19
John

Stange. I just got off the phone with them. A very nice woman asked if I was a police officer, then if these were for personal use. After answering that I wasn't a police officer and that they were for personal use, she said she could only give me more than 4 per year. I would think that someone at the FRB would understand that the 4-per-year limit only applies to sellers. I wasn't about to argue, because she said she'd send them right out - and I probably will only need 2 of them. I'll also be stopping by Marlborough and Leominster PD on my way home to grab a few so I can register my brandy new (to me) Remington 700 that I picked up at State Line yesterday. [dance]

I called about a month ago and got 6 with no questions asked. I informed her up front that I was civilian and not LEO. I got the forms with the instruction sheet on them.

Back
Top Bottom