Are FA-10's being hoarded too? *5/20/2009* rec'd them

W

wolf223

so I mailed the CHSB a letter to request 10ea., FA 10 forms, as I don't always have time to make it to my local PD during business hours.

my letter, dated 4/27/2009

Criminal History Systems Board
200 Arlington Street
Suite 2200
Chelsea, MA 02150

April 27, 2009

I am writing to request FA 10 forms.

It appears that my local police department has a limit in place on how many FA 10 forms they give out at a time.

Please send me 10ea. FA 10 forms to allow me to record out of state purchases and possible transfers.

Thank you,

**my letterhead is Genious, i has my address and e-mail and address on it**

got an e-mail today:

Mr. _________.

I am in receipt of your request for FA10 forms. We currently have FA10 forms on order, so I will not be able to send you 10 forms. As soon as the forms come in, however, I will put them in the mail for you. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,

[shocked]

so even the CHSB is feeling "the pinch"

thoughts? if any. last time i did an FTF, i ended up going to Bedford PD, who gave me two forms - they were real cool, but damn! These FA 10's are a PITA.

anyone else do a request for FA 10's lately?

Last edited by a moderator:
Try driving to another PD and see if they have any. Some of them even have them in a rack of forms as you come into the station... self-service.

-Mike

Try driving to another PD and see if they have any. Some of them even have them in a rack of forms as you come into the station... self-service.

-Mike

i do,

i live in Woburn. 2 form limit

a buddy works in Concord - "they have no idea" where his exact words WRT the FA 10

I'm frequently in Lynn, visiting the folks, but it's on the weekends.

I've used Bedford PD, had one of my guys bring me some (he's LEO), but even his dept. seems to be scarce (sp).

it's always a hunt for FA 10's. then when i get four or five, i use all my FTFs or mess one up [laugh]

That could be an interesting way for state government to limit firearms transactions...

Who me a conspiracy theorist???

[grin]

I know a local PD that has stacks and stacks of them. But I'm not revealing my secret source [wink]

i've heard such stories, but figured i'd cut the middle man out and look where it got me.

i'm going to post a WTT ad:

WTT: FA 10's for Ammo

"what good is all that ammo, guns if you can't trade anything off to fund future purchases"

"i have, 5ea., pre-Ban FA 10's (carbon copy) - which are expempt from the finger print, blood sample, stool sample, CORI, NAC, 4473v2 recheck..."

Terms:

FTF on a FA 11 (the FA 10 - selling form)...

[shocked] let me stop, i just scared myself.

I bought a couple FA-10's from some guy on the street. He told me they were good, so I tried them... I woke up two days later in a ditch in Indiana wearing nothing but spandex shorts and next to a woman I didn't recognize. [shocked]

I'm frequently in Lynn, visiting the folks, but it's on the weekends.

Does Lynn close their PD on weekends? [rolleyes]

Inquiring minds want to know. [shocked]

All the PDs that I've ever been in are open 24x7x365 unless they are a satellite storefront. In remote parts of the state there are some PT PDs where they only answer the phone from 9 to 5 and the MSP handle everything outside those hours, but this isn't the case in "The City of Sin".

Hint: Most people in PDs aren't gun people and won't know what an "FA-10" is. Ask for a firearms registration/transfer form and they may have a clue what to look for.

Last edited:
chet, i think danvers is easy to get them from.
im not sure though.

i know beverly literally requires an appointment to get them, so i dont get any here where i live

Does Lynn close their PD on weekends? [rolleyes]

Inquiring minds want to know. [shocked]

All the PDs that I've ever been in are open 24x7x365 unless they are a satellite storefront. In remote parts of the state there are some PT PDs where they only answer the phone from 9 to 5 and the MSP handle everything outside those hours, but this isn't the case in "The City of Sin".

Hint: Most people in PDs aren't gun people and won't know what an "FA-10" is. Ask for a firearms registration/transfer form and they may have a clue what to look for.

[shocked] how dare you!!!! [wink]

"most" departments are cool - just stingy with the forms.

i am used to picking them up from their "civilian" employees who work bankers hours.

sorry for the mix up tuff guy.

I managed to procure some on my recent trip to the PD, (see the off topic group)

Anyway I can let them go at a special green member price of $9.99 each.

PM me for details.

I had to scavenge from several depts because of "limits".

Some give one or two, some will give you a handful.

Attitudes vary from "DIE SCUM (from Milford)" to "How can we provide you with excellent service today? And have a nice day! (probably the same dept JD mentioned!)"

I found one dept where the desk person stated "those can only be given out by the licensing office" who wouldn't be on duty for a couple of days.

I bought a couple FA-10's from some guy on the street. He told me they were good, so I tried them... I woke up two days later in a ditch in Indiana wearing nothing but spandex shorts and next to a woman I didn't recognize. [shocked]

Was one of your kidneys missing, too? OMG! [shocked]

-Mike

In Cambridge, you need to visit when the Records department is open (9-5 or so), but both times I've been there they were helpful and wanted to give me more forms than I asked for. ("People screw these up all the time. Take a few extra.")

I'm going whore myself for FA 10's - that is my plan.

so, which dept has nice looking red heads, puerto ricans or chocolate sister girls working today?

[rofl]

You guys are too much!!! Just go to Shrewsbury PD there right on the wall as you walk in. THeres a ton and they keep it well stocked. You dont even have too ask them for it.
: )

I live in Marlborough and last night went to pick 2 up and the guy gave me 3 just incase... He did ask me what the form was for... Not sure if he was testing me or if he just wasn't sure where the form was located. But it seemed like they had a bunch in the office.

Just picked up 2 at the Swansea PD. No problems and no questions - my favourite is "What do you need that for?" In fact, she knew what an FA 10 was. I didn't have to say "gun registration form" like I normally do when I go to the Fall River PD.

At least it wasn't another elk. Boy that was a kicker huh?

If you're in my area (look left) and are having a hard time finding 'em, PM me and I'll tell u where to get 'em or I can grab some when I'm at work....

update: well, i checked my mailbox a few moments ago and BAM!

10 crisp FA-10 along with my origianl signed letter. So i guess this is better than whoring myself or driving to multiple PD's to beg.

PS: check the WTS... [wink] j/k

Back
Top Bottom