AR15 Rebuild kits in MASS

First thanks for reading............I have some ancient AR15 mags that were given to me by my father. he had picked them up at work in the in the late 80s and for whatever reason hung on to them until recent. I have access to the equipment to refinish the mag by myself and am gonna strip the metal and re-coat, however I was looking for suggestions for a rebuild kit. Im looking for springs followers and floor plates. the springs in a few of my mags are spongy and a couple of the floor plates are dinged up. Living in the lovely state of Massachusetts I don't want to take an undated/marked ar15 mag and put on features that will make the magazine look like one of those evil post ban mags. I know of a few companies who make kits but i dont want to throw magpul floor plates on the mags for example, and make my mags "questionable". Id prefer to rebuild with parts (floorplates) unmarked so that the date of the mags will be next to impossible to prove. any suggestions would be appreciated greatly

Replacement springs and magpul followers... that's it. Leave the floor plates alone.... Refinish the body is fine if you need them to be pretty.

... Leave the floor plates alone...
Why?

To the OP: If someone has a hard-on for getting you charged for possession of an unlawful magazine, it doesn't matter if it has the original floorplate or not; I don't think your average LEO is going to care whether it says Parsons or Brownells.

If the floorplates need replacing (or you really want new ones), replace them; if not, leave them be and save the effort. You can certainly keep the originals if that makes you feel better, but I don't know that it would really make much of a difference.

Exactly. Why replace them? I have floor plates beat to hell and they work just fine. If anything, its the damned mag body I need to replace on some mags with bad/bent lips, etc.

Exactly. Why replace them? I have floor plates beat to hell and they work just fine. If anything, its the damned mag body I need to replace on some mags with bad/bent lips, etc.
And here I assumed you were one of the "sky is falling" people that wouldn't buy a magazine unless it was date-stamped and came with a letter of certification from the ATF.

Sorry! [grin]

you guys are way too worried about this stuff, if i fed some of NES coal, you guys would shit diamonds if you know what i mean.

if someone is looking this closely at your suff, or if you're in trouble for it--you already had bigger problems BEFORE they got to your mags.

You're in mass so you're screwed besides local cops wouldn't know the difference between preban and a brand new magpul mag. just put new springs and modern followers n them.

Back
Top Bottom