AR15 - Ejected Brass Dented?

That's entirely normal for warmer ammo. hotter ammo ejects more positively, and so dents more deeply on hitting the deflector. If it was an older model without the deflector, the brass would have probably dented on the case mouth itself. Most of the dent will come back out on sizing. what doesn't come out on sizing will pop out on firing. If you think that is a dent , you should see what happens to .308 brass in a Galil. Those puppies almost get folded in half.

Thanks guys. I had figured I screwed something up with the upper. Good to know it's fine.

My Sig 556 leaves a similar dent as well, it also causes the neck to take a bit of a v shape as well. I have read this is normal as well. I'm not reloading so I don't really care, as long as the rifle functions!

I have a Remington 740 30-06 semi, it dents a few case mouths and the side of the case on occasion. I have reloaded all my brass at least 3 times and have yet to have a problem. I have shot rounds dented in the shoulder and in the side that were worse than the ding on yours. They pop right out, and usually have a new dent somewhere else. It's just an autoloader thing.

Back
Top Bottom