• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR Stock assembly question

So I bought a Stag Arms lower today and it was complete except for any butt-stock components. I believe I found the butt-stock I want to put on the gun which is here http://blackrifleworks.com/yankee-hill-machine-skeletonized-stock-yhm9569-p-354.html .

I understand I will need a buffer, buffer spring, and buffer tube. Is there anything else needed? I know on the complete AR I acquired recently that there is a small pin of some sort in the little hole in the rear of the receiver where the buffer tube goes. Not sure if something needs to go there which I am sure it does.

OK found I'm going to need a buffer retainer and spring for the retainer so far.......and pivot pin detent as well as the pivot pin detent spring. Am I missing anything else? Any special tools needed?

Last edited:
OK found I'm going to need a buffer retainer and spring for the retainer so far.......and pivot pin detent as well as the pivot pin detent spring. Am I missing anything else? Any special tools needed?

If you want to avoid aggravation, get an extra detent and sprint if you can, they are easy to lose when assembling or disassembling.

Get extra's of whatever you are getting they can get lost easily as they spring out of your fingers are you try to put it in... though I've never seen one break... yet... *knocking on wood*

It helps if you have a AR15 armorer wrench/multi tool. You can use a wrench to tighten down the tube & you will need a spanner wrench to tighten down the castle nut. If you don't have one, I'm sure someone here does that can help you out. [wink]

Yankee Hill Machine should still have their instructions available on their website, if you want to check for anything unique for adding that stock.

Yankee Hill Machine should still have their instructions available on their website, if you want to check for anything unique for adding that stock.

I actually did find that PDF file for installing it. It wasn't very descriptive or thorough. It essentially was the directions for replacing an existing stock on a receiver.

Wear safety glasses as springs can end up anywhere

Good thing I always wear glasses. Kind of have to considering my vision without them basically disables me.

So I am sure I ordered everything I'll need I believe. This is actually my first real gun build starting with a receiver. I don't know exactly how much of the building I will be able to do on my own but I will find out.

I have all the parts you need in stock and if you need help with assembly stop by and we can install the stock together.
Contact me if you are intrested.
Thank you.
John
JDL Sales
www.jdlsales.net
413 579 1994

I have all the parts you need in stock and if you need help with assembly stop by and we can install the stock together.
Contact me if you are intrested.
Thank you.
John
JDL Sales
www.jdlsales.net
413 579 1994

If I was just a couple inches closer on the map I would definitely take you up on the offer. Although I may have to contact you about a Stag Arms upper for my lower in the future.

Here is a pic with the YHM stock on the lower. I got all the parts today. It was a quick and easy installation.

YHMstockonstaglower.jpg

For the upper I'm leaning towards the Stag Arms 3H upper thus far.

Back
Top Bottom