AR - Homeowner Shoots, Kills Armed Intruder

A suspect was shot and killed by a Fort Smith homeowner during an attempted home invasion robbery Friday night.

>snip<

Officers found a man in the yard with two gunshot wounds. According to police the man was shot by the homeowner, after he walked into the residence with a gun and demanded prescription drugs. The suspect forced the homeowner into a back bedroom. However, Sgt. Grubbs says the homeowner managed to retrieve his own gun.....

http://www.kfsm.com/kfsm-fort-smith-man-shoots-and-kill-112610,0,830219.story

Just what the doctor ordered...

In before the stupid questions about the man being prosecuted because the criminals were found dead outside.

Updated...

Sgt. Daniel Grubbs says officers found Chad Cancel, 27, laying in the threshold of a home in the 8400 block of S. 30th Circle.

>snip<

According to investigators, Cancel was shot by 69-year-old James Kennel. He told police that a masked Cancel came into the house through an unlocked front door with a handgun and demanded prescription medication.

>snip<

Kennel says the suspect fired one round into the ceiling of the home. He told police that Cancel forced him into the master bedroom at gunpoint and demanded medication from the safe. While Kennel was trying to get the medication, Cancel became distracted by Kennel's 5-year-old grandson crying in the living room. Kennel says that Cancel went into the other room to try to quiet the child. That's when Kennel was able to grab his own 9mm semi-automatic handgun. Kennel told police he shot Cancel twice as he walked back into the bedroom.Cancel tried to run out the front door of the home but collapsed.

>snip<

Sgt. Grubbs says Kennel's wife and mother-in-law were also in the home at the time of the invasion. Police said Cancel's mother was friends with Mrs. Kennel, which is why he knew they had prescription drugs in the house. The Kennels did not recognize Cancel because he was wearing a ski mask.

Sgt. Daniel Grubbs says officers found Chad Cancel, 27, laying in the threshold of a home in the 8400 block of S. 30th Circle.

great story with a real happy ending. Another dirt bag off the face of the earth. Thats right Chad....you have been "Cancelled." ha ha.... I crap myself up... Whoops I said crap.. well that too :) I crack myself up. :)

great story,

Rob

From the story:

Cancel came into the house through an unlocked front door with a handgun and demanded prescription medication.

Keep your doors locked, it may prevent you from having to shoot a felon in front of your family.

There are still people in Arkansas who believe that if you shoot someone and he falls out the window, you should drag him inside.

Seriously.

Florida too.

Back
Top Bottom