AR-15 shoot Country Pond Fish and Game

Sunday, October 18th from 12:30PM until about 2:30PM

I was shooting my ar 15's with my brother last week at Country Pond Fish and Game in Newton NH. and ran into Steve Sousa. He told us he is organizing a shoot for all ar15's. Below you will see the email he sent me talking about the shoot. I shot at the Raymond NH green member shoot back in July and really enjoyed meeting everyone and getting to try some new guns and put faces with the names on here. I asked Steve if it was ok to invite the NES and he thought it would be great! Here is an oppertunity for us to get together once again and have some fun. There are enough of us with AR's that even if you don't have one just pick up some ammo and join in.
Here is a link to Country Pond.
http://www.countrypondfishandgameclub.com/
I have been a member there for a few years now and really like the club and people there. There is plenty of parking there and the range close to the clubhouse with bathrooms etc.

Here is the official info.

The AR-15 shoot is Sunday, October 18th from 12:30PM until about 2:30PM. We will register people starting about 12:15. If there are a large number of shooters, we will need to move tables. Trap is shooting that morning, and we will have to coordinate going downrange with their breaks so we don't get shot. They should be done by 12:30-12:45PM. Each shooter will need about 60 rounds: 10 to practice-sight in and 50 for the shoot. The course of fire is (a) off-hand slow fire - 10 rounds in 10 minutes, loaded one round at a time. No sling may be used. (b) sitting or kneeling rapid fire - 10 rounds in 60 seconds, shot using two magazines, one loaded with 2 rounds and one with eight. Sling may be used. (c) Prone rapid fire - 10 rounds in 70 seconds, again two magazines one with two rounds and the second with 8 rounds. Sling may be used. (d) Prone slow fire - 20 rounds in 20 minutes, single round feed. Sling may be used.

All targets will be placed 100 yards away from the shooting points.

In the past, we have been done by 2:30-3:00PM, but we had 4-5 shooters. Our range will not be closed for this event, so there may be some pistol or medium distance rifle shooters using the range and we will need to coordinate with them, so this tends to slow down the pace of shooting. We have about 6-7 shooting points at that distance, and we have had two consecutive lines shooting. Obviously, this would extend the time if there are many shooters. The AR-15s can have any configuration the shooter wishes. This is not a CMP formatted shoot, I am trying to get the AR-15 shooters to show up and have a good time. If I can get a regular crowd to attend, then we can move toward a true CMP formatted shoot.

This sounds like it could be lots of fun. Lets see what kind of a turn out we can get for this.

Garry

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought I better add this too.
Cost of the shoot is $10.00. Country Pond will provide targets (1 practice, 1 offhand slow, 1 sit/kneel rapid, 1 prone rapid, and 1 prone slow fire). Non-members will need to sign a liability waiver on the day of the shoot. This will cover them for the rest of the year.

Cannot say if I can commit at this time but I would love to check out the grounds there and this would be the perfect oppurtunity.

I'll probably be there for this, as I'm there every Sunday anyways shooting on the outdoor range (I'm a member, also). Hopefully I'll have my new toy with me that day.......

I hope the turn out is good and they want to do more of them.
Dirtypackman it would be a good time to come by have fun and check the club out. Like I said I have been a member there for a few years and really like the place.

Cannot say if I can commit at this time but I would love to check out the grounds there and this would be the perfect oppurtunity.

I am a member of Country Pond and HHRG. I think we may have even met once. Any time you want to check out the grounds just shoot me a PM.

Nice double tap. I am not sure. I don't like to shoot around people that can tell how shitty a shot I am. I am giving it some serious thought though. It is kinda early in the morning on a Sunday for me[wink]. The 22 upper was fuxored pretty bad - it shipped back to day with many promises from Tactial Solutions that they will make it right.

Nice double tap. I am not sure. I don't like to shoot around people that can tell how shitty a shot I am. I am giving it some serious thought though. It is kinda early in the morning on a Sunday for me[wink]. The 22 upper was fuxored pretty bad - it shipped back to day with many promises from Tactial Solutions that they will make it right.

When they fix or replace is it coming here?

I have a flattop with optics...for whatever reason, when reading the event description i got the impression it is intended for iron sights...have any contact info for the person managing the event?

The AR-15 shoot is Sunday, October 18th from 12:30PM until about 2:30PM. We will register people starting about 12:15. If there are a large number of shooters, we will need to move tables. Trap is shooting that morning, and we will have to coordinate going downrange with their breaks so we don't get shot. They should be done by 12:30-12:45PM. Each shooter will need about 60 rounds: 10 to practice-sight in and 50 for the shoot. The course of fire is (a) off-hand slow fire - 10 rounds in 10 minutes, loaded one round at a time. No sling may be used. (b) sitting or kneeling rapid fire - 10 rounds in 60 seconds, shot using two magazines, one loaded with 2 rounds and one with eight. Sling may be used. (c) Prone rapid fire - 10 rounds in 70 seconds, again two magazines one with two rounds and the second with 8 rounds. Sling may be used. (d) Prone slow fire - 20 rounds in 20 minutes, single round feed. Sling may be used.

All targets will be placed 100 yards away from the shooting points.

In the past, we have been done by 2:30-3:00PM, but we had 4-5 shooters. Our range will not be closed for this event, so there may be some pistol or medium distance rifle shooters using the range and we will need to coordinate with them, so this tends to slow down the pace of shooting. We have about 6-7 shooting points at that distance, and we have had two consecutive lines shooting. Obviously, this would extend the time if there are many shooters. The AR-15s can have any configuration the shooter wishes. This is not a CMP formatted shoot, I am trying to get the AR-15 shooters to show up and have a good time. If I can get a regular crowd to attend, then we can move toward a true CMP formatted shoot.

From what he told me this was going to be a fun shoot and not real formal. Its a good way to start some of us off and see how we like it. Hope we can get a decent turn out from NES.
Look for you there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom