AR-15 Mags - Keep Your Eyes Open....

Thanks - I just hate seeing people get hosed...$30.00 for an AR mag is insane - even here in Massachusetts. I stopped at a local shop and was stunned at the $39.95 price tag for a commercial AR-15 mag and ran into classifieds that made me want to throw up a little... [shocked]

One of the places you can look for Pre ban AR magazines is on A15.com. Every once and a while some one will come along with a very good deal on pre bans. Though good deals are harder to find these days, if you look hard enough you can find them.

I *think* they were all recent manufacture,but with no date codes on the mag bodies or plates.Or maybe they very well could have been "pre-ban",all I know is they suck .I have no diea who manufactured them.

They are steel,and heavy.

I *think* they were all recent manufacture,but with no date codes on the mag bodies or plates.Or maybe they very well could have been "pre-ban",all I know is they suck .I have no diea who manufactured them.

They are steel,and heavy.

Yup...I've seen them around here. I picked up a steel AR-15 mag way back in '95' when I had my Colt from CTD and it functions 100% - the new ones look like absolute junk.

I have a few of those black steel mags. They came wrapped in
wax paper kinda, right?

They work, but they're definitely not USGI spec, or anywhere
close. After a few insertions you'll end up with scratches on the sides of the mag near the catch hole, etc.

They're OK range toy mags but not anything I would trust my
life on.... or even compete with for that matter.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom