• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Application Process Question

I am just wondering what how the process works, start to finish. (I am in Medford btw)

1.) I dropped off paperwork on 8/12 with check.
2.) Went in and got printed and pics taken on 8/19.
The detective, who was great, said he was sending everything out that day and should be about 3 weeks.

What is the next step (CORI) check with the state and is that it? Or is there another step, or steps, in the process?

Thanks!

As far as what you need to do, you're done. It's in the system and will take however long your town makes these things take.

3 weeks sounds optimistis, but ya never know. However, if you haven't heard anything after 3 weeks (from the date of the printing), then you could call him.

My LTC took exactly 3 weeks. Although in my City, we did everything all in the one day. Filled out the forms, paid, took pictures, got printed and left.

What is the next step (CORI) check with the state and is that it? Or is there another step, or steps, in the process?

After the application is completed and the fingerprints are taken, your PD forwards a copy of the application and fingerprints to the state for state and federal criminal background checks, and checks with the department of mental health.

Once those checks are completed, the application comes back to your local PD for your chief to either approve or deny. At this point the chief may, at his/her discretion, perform further checks to determine your suitability.

Once the chief signs off on it, the local PD sends the application back to the state and the state prints the license and mails it to the local PD again.

When the local PD has received the license, they tell the state to 'activate' it, and then give you a call to come pick it up.

Back
Top Bottom