Appleseed Labor Day weekend in Pelham NH?

Just remember to bring about a thousand or twelve hundred rounds for the weekend... we shoot a LOT up here in New England!

The 10/22 shoots anything pretty good. I have had very good luck with CCI standard velocity (navy blue box) which runs about $30 for 500. A really nice bulk ammo is the 333 federal pack walmart sells (tan colored box...not the brown 500rd box...that's crap) think it's about $15.

You want to pick something that reliably cycles your rifle, there's nothing worse than having a decent AQT going and getting a jam. Test before you go if possible.

Last weekend at Harvard, the ammo problems we had on the line with 10/22s was with the Rem Yellow Jackets.

The ratio of shooter success with the Remington gold-tipped .22LR in my experience as an Appleseed Instructor and Shoot Boss is about 1:9 (highly negative).

The copper-plated Federal bulk rounds, #745 "Champion Target" 525 rd. silver box, and the #750 wallyworld 525 rd. brown box (both exactly the same cartridge) have a shooter success rate in my experience of about 9:1 (highly positive).

Some of the CCI and Blazer ammo has a wax coating which, due to the heat generated by the high number of rounds per day at Appleseed, will melt and build up in the 10/22 magazines and eventually gum them up. Other than causing maintenance issues, the CCI and Blazer shoot great.

If you ask Instructors (Red Hats) at an Appleseed, you will find that the Federal mentioned above is by far the most recommended ammo for the 10/22. It just takes the lickin' and keeps on tickin'. It's also usually the least expensive. Go figure.

The ratio of shooter success with the Remington gold-tipped .22LR in my experience as an Appleseed Instructor and Shoot Boss is about 1:9 (highly negative).

The copper-plated Federal bulk rounds, #745 "Champion Target" 525 rd. silver box, and the #750 wallyworld 525 rd. brown box (both exactly the same cartridge) have a shooter success rate in my experience of about 9:1 (highly positive).

Some of the CCI and Blazer ammo has a wax coating which, due to the heat generated by the high number of rounds per day at Appleseed, will melt and build up in the 10/22 magazines and eventually gum them up. Other than causing maintenance issues, the CCI and Blazer shoot great.

If you ask Instructors (Red Hats) at an Appleseed, you will find that the Federal mentioned above is by far the most recommended ammo for the 10/22. It just takes the lickin' and keeps on tickin'. It's also usually the least expensive. Go figure.

Federal worked great in mine. The only 3 failures I had was winchester lead ammo in a factory mag. Charles had the opposite problem, his federal ammo was failing constantly, I gave him some of my winchester and his problems went away.

plenty of room! (I think)

Last update we have says there were still 3 spaces left. Plus there's always some people that don't come. You guys should be fine.

Also I just checked the list of people registered, and there's a double registration along with 3 people and registered for just Saturday and 3 people that registered for just Sunday.

Last edited:
Make sure you bring a PC filled out!!!!! It only takes a few minutes. Don't make us have you sit in the corner and do it. [smile]

i wish i could make this one...figures my .22 upper finally came in too...but i've got a highpower match sunday, and i'd hate to only come for one day.

Thank you all for everything, Kaisha and I had a great time, and can't wait to go to another one.

Ed

Thanks for evrything. Great organization and so much information. I wish I could have done both days. No matter, at least made Rifleman on Saturday!

Thanks to everyone again.

Pelham Fish & Game Club would like to thank all of you that attended the event.

And we welcome you back anytime that is 2 events this 2009 Season.

Maybe we can do 3 or 4 next for 2010.

Thank you to the Pelham club for hosting and the RWVA instructors for the great training. I went from having never even shot in a prone position before Saturday to scoring rifleman by the end of the day.

Back
Top Bottom