Appleseed in Manhattan

Yep. A short 6 train ride from Grand Central Station - American History, rifle safety, and the fundamentals of Marksmanship.

Think... Think... You know somebody who's still trapped in the city either by their own ignorance of how great it is out there in America, or by some job, family, or addiction to good pizza. You do... you know somebody. Tell them about Appleseed. Get them to come to The Westside Rifle and Pistol Range at 20 W 20th St in the Flatiron district. Tell them it's for the future of America that you want them to go. Tell them you will pay their $50 fee because it is just so important that they get out.

You won't have to tell them how much fun shooting is, cuz on Sunday, you will get a phone call. They'll be like, "You get to do that all the time!?" Just don't tell someone you don't want to have coming up to see and you and your rifles very very soon.

Here's the link to the Event Information Page:

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=23718.0

Cheers Jar!

Let's just hope we can get folks out to the event. An Appleseed event in Manhattan that can't rally up and put rifles into the hands of 16 shooters doesn't bode well for any of us.

On the other hand, imagine an active shooting and Second Amendment community in The Big Apple! I mean it's a long shot, but we've got to start somewhere, right?

They don't even need a rifle. The rifles are being provided at no charge by the range. Dan is right on. If you know anybody in the city who might be interested, this is a great opportunity.

Only four tickets left to the 2nd Amendment Event of the year! Rifles in Manhattan! Sounds like the opening sequence in the latest Michael Bay movie, but no! No Decepticons here, it's just Americans exercising their rights!

As I walked through Kip's Bay last night, Second Avenue, past the movie theatre, past the Borders Bookstore, I thought of George Washington on his horse, whipping his sword in the air in frustration at his fleeing Continentals (I think they were from Connecticut) as the British invaded Manhattan from the East River in 1776. It's as close as he ever came to being killed or captured in the Revolutionary War. Would he be proud of NYC now, the most important city in the world; would he be impressed by the buildings, the vibrancy, the thrum of life, the mix of peoples and cultures? Or would he be repulsed by the concrete, the noise, the restrictions and misunderstandings? Who knows, but he would definitely think we're cool for shooting rifles on W 20th St.

Come to the city, catch a show, shoot a rifle, then dance the night away, sleep in and order breakfast from room service at the Astoria!

Crak, are you coming?

Back
Top Bottom