• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone with land near Essex County in MA?

Hi folks,

I’m looking for a place to target shoot 100-200y air rifle, but I don’t want to do it at a club. I greatly prefer the solitude and peace of being in nature than with 2 dozen people blasting away non-stop. I have fun at the range, but I’m looking for a quiet place to hone my craft and find peace.

I’m looking to pay someone for access to a lot and/or help them monitor and manage their land. I used to shoot on a few rural lots as part of an arrangement with a realtor and his clients to keep and eye on things and report in on anything of note.

Note: I won’t be shooting at or near any animals intentionally. I can use a metal detector to police up my lead at the end, as well if requested. I’m flexible on terms and limitations.

Thanks everyone, and forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask. I know it’s a long shot, but I find the gun club/ranges to be more stressful than worth it lately.

Cheers

Get your Hunting license and write in to get a ..... letter. Its in Newbury and you can live fire there if you wish. Years ago it was a ghost town.

I wish people wouldn't post about that place. Piece of sh*t people would trash it. Shotguns shells and trash everywhere.

No offense to the OP, but we don't know him.

OP, become a member at a club, you have a 600 yard range not far.

LOL Git off mah public range!

Go there, you will see why we are lucky it hasn't been closed to shooting. Assuming people can still shoot there, it has been a while since I was there.

I wish people wouldn't post about that place. Piece of sh*t people would trash it. Shotguns shells and trash everywhere.

It comes up. Can I do my "his brother Richard" joke again? I mean, it IS public and stuff.

"I hate it when people use all of this fully public resource and I can't."

Go join a range, Brocky. LOL

Imagine if golfers were like this. Well, some are. "Dammit - everyone's always at the public course, it's not fair." The rest either join a club or pay the cost for a private course on Saturday to keep the riff-raff out.

It comes up. Can I do my "his brother Richard" joke again? I mean, it IS public and stuff.

"I hate it when people use all of this fully public resource and I can't."

Go join a range, Brocky. LOL

Imagine if golfers were like this. Well, some are. "Dammit - everyone's always at the public course, it's not fair." The rest either join a club or pay the cost for a private course on Saturday to keep the riff-raff out.
I am a member at 4 ranges. I don't need to go there.

Did I say it wasn't fair?
Did I say people shouldn't use it?

People s*ck, and that is how the rest get f*cked. If you want to put up a huge billboard advertising it is a public range for everyone to show up, go ahead. I don't go there, so if it gets trashed I am not the one that will get f*cked. But it will be a loss for everyone, that is why I care.

The few times I visited, I brought a trash bag that I filled with sh*t people dumped all over.

Go clean the place, then post sh*t.

Dude, it's a WMA... It's no secret and it will get trampled every deer season like all the others.

...and target shooting is forbidden on WMAs.

Dude, it's a WMA... It's no secret and it will get trampled every deer season like all the others.
I know it is not a secret ... except most people have no idea it is there because it isn't advertised.

But whatever, I really don't care. Like I said, I don't need to go there.

Hi folks,

Note: I won’t be shooting at or near any animals intentionally. I can use a metal detector to police up my lead at the end, as well if requested. I’m flexible on terms and limitations.

Thanks everyone, and forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask. I know it’s a long shot, but I find the gun club/ranges to be more stressful than worth it lately.

Cheers

:)

Hi folks,

I’m looking for a place to target shoot 100-200y air rifle, but I don’t want to do it at a club. I greatly prefer the solitude and peace of being in nature than with 2 dozen people blasting away non-stop. I have fun at the range, but I’m looking for a quiet place to hone my craft and find peace.

I’m looking to pay someone for access to a lot and/or help them monitor and manage their land. I used to shoot on a few rural lots as part of an arrangement with a realtor and his clients to keep and eye on things and report in on anything of note.

Cheers
I can get you on a private 700 yard range. Send me 4 letters of recommendation and info for a background check, and itll cost you 10k/year and you can only shoot under my supervision.

People s*ck, and that is how the rest get f*cked. If you want to put up a huge billboard advertising it is a public range for everyone to show up, go ahead. I don't go there, so if it gets trashed I am not the one that will get f*cked. But it will be a loss for everyone, that is why I care.

The few times I visited, I brought a trash bag that I filled with sh*t people dumped all over.

People are slobs. Give a hoot, don't pollute. Remember when we had, like, 6 different PSA campaigns on TV to have people stop chucking trash out their freaking car windows all the time??? People trash stuff up. I'm amazed at how people crap over the private ranges they belong to. With cameras and everything, they just crap all over the place. It's human nature.

Your last comment is LOL. C'mon man.

I know it is not a secret ... except most people have no idea it is there because it isn't advertised.

But whatever, I really don't care. Like I said, I don't need to go there.

Except you cared enough to post. Lol

I thought you were one of the light-hearted ones. ;)

Seriously though - if you don't use it - WTF do you care? It isn't like a $100-150 range fee is unattainable to a MA gun owner in the first place.

Hi folks,

Cheers
Good luck with that.

A few of the pits here are blocked with massive boulders because of skin flint butt holes leaving a dumpster load worth of crap behind. They are under 1 mile from my house. If I owned it I’d be pissed over the mess. Just who the hell thinks shooting glass bottles is acceptable behavior? I’d like to cut their balls off with a hunk of broken bottle.
Another pit 2.5 miles is open but who knows for how long. For some reason it stays much nicer but the owner is a local. It does not belong to a paper company unlike most everything else around here outside of Lily Bay State Park.
Big Pine Gun Club is just under a 45 minute drive and I’m very happy to be a member.

I was hoping the OP would contribute to the effort that Martin Burns needs. Private clubs don't have 30 shooters shooting all at once and the bonus is you probably won't get swept.

Back
Top Bottom