Anyone use e-foods direct?

Thinking about picking up a year supply up, until now my idea of prepping has been hoarding guns and ammo with no real thought to the future. I tried their chili and cornmeal dumplings from someone and it wasn't bad at all. I just don't want to drop that kind of money on something that's not going to live up to the hype. I've heard they're very backed up right now and a lot of people are complaining.

I heard an interview with the owner. Seems like a good company. Claims to be organic and non GMO. They were one of the first in the game. He claims he's swamped right now, and suppliers can't keep up with demand. When I make the big purchase I'll probably go with them.

You can order the sample pack free to try a few different meals. Shipping and Handling is high at $15. But, it did come with a 10% coupon if you place an order.

http://www.efoodsdirect.com/store/index.php/shop/6-free-meals.html

Definately try it before ordering a whole years worth. There is nothing wrong with textured vegetable protien, but there are some people who do have problems with what it does to their digestive tract. Most people do not have a problem, but better to find out if you are one of them before ordering a full years worth.

Their potato soup is really good. A word of caution on their weekly, monthly, yearly packages. They contain a lot of granola and oats. You can buy (online) six cans of quick oats in #10 cans for $21 shipped. I would look into buying cases of the eFoods entrees and soups and then supplement with stuff from the LDS to save some $$$.

The LDS also sells gallon mylar bags and o2 absorbers for a great price.

BTW--they're running a "Black Friday" sale on Friday through Monday: 25-30% off. And if you order online between midnight and 7am Friday, shipping is free.

FWIW, the food isn't bad but I can't say that their idea of 4 portions is the same as mine--one pouch if labeled as 4 servings, but it's really more like 2.

Their potato soup is really good. A word of caution on their weekly, monthly, yearly packages. They contain a lot of granola and oats. You can buy (online) six cans of quick oats in #10 cans for $21 shipped. I would look into buying cases of the eFoods entrees and soups and then supplement with stuff from the LDS to save some $$$.

The LDS also sells gallon mylar bags and o2 absorbers for a great price.

DO you remember the pricing at the LDS? Can you just buy the bags and O2 or do you have to be there buying other stuff?

I was referring to their online store where they have a limited number of things in #10 cans....and other supplies.

Store.lds.org

DO you remember the pricing at the LDS? Can you just buy the bags and O2 or do you have to be there buying other stuff?

I bought some efoods meals I personally like them. The broccoli soup was a bit salty but tasty. Noodle dish was good too.. Just my 2 pennies.

I'm gonna buy #10 cans of beans and peas and the like too. I just don't have a ton of room

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom