• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone use Breakthrough?

"Break free" is a great lube, but I would never use it for cleaning. I find that a simple solvent like carb or brake parts cleaner to be superior for most chores and I use bore cleaner for the barrel. At $6 for 4 oz "Break free" is much too expensive to use as a cleaner.

Damn... Expensive for the amount... IME, anything that claims to be better than what's already out there isn't... I've had best results using Hoppe's cleaning solutions, and their lube. Only exception would be the Kroil product (IMO)... You can get that direct from the manufacturer for a good rate (once you want more than an 8oz bottle at least).

I bought a cleaner that was supposed to be this kick-ass carbon remover... Tried it out on my AR and it failed completely. Of course, I should have know the store I got it from was full of it... Gladly, they've since closed up shop... [rofl2]

For the 'breakthrough' stuff... IF you can get a free sample of it, give it a shot. Otherwise, I wouldn't spend the money on it. Especially at $9 for a 2oz bottle...

Damn... Expensive for the amount... IME, anything that claims to be better than what's already out there isn't... I've had best results using Hoppe's cleaning solutions, and their lube. Only exception would be the Kroil product (IMO)... You can get that direct from the manufacturer for a good rate (once you want more than an 8oz bottle at least).

I bought a cleaner that was supposed to be this kick-ass carbon remover... Tried it out on my AR and it failed completely. Of course, I should have know the store I got it from was full of it... Gladly, they've since closed up shop... [rofl2]

For the 'breakthrough' stuff... IF you can get a free sample of it, give it a shot. Otherwise, I wouldn't spend the money on it. Especially at $9 for a 2oz bottle...

Thanks Gold. Its cheaper through other sites. white wolf sells it for $5 (not sure what shipping is though). I'll have to look in to getting a sample somewhere.

Thanks Gold. Its cheaper through other sites. white wolf sells it for $5 (not sure what shipping is though). I'll have to look in to getting a sample somewhere.

Look into trying some Kroil... Acme has it on their shelves... Once I get a ultrasonic cleaner, I'll be buying a gallon of it (direct)...

I've had good results with the Hoppe's foaming cleaner... Easy to use and does a nice job.

Just send them an email or call them. I had Ballistol send me 4Ozs free of charge and about 50 of the ballistol towelettes, M-Pro 7 sent me 2 Oz in the mail, and hoppes sent me a bottle of the Hoppes elite cleaner for free as well. Just email them or call them and tell them that you want to try their product but are unsure if its a product that works for you. Then tell then what current cleaner you use and how you want something better. You would be surprised how quickly they will send you a sample with a comment like that lol.

Just send them an email or call them. I had Ballistol send me 4Ozs free of charge and about 50 of the ballistol towelettes, M-Pro 7 sent me 2 Oz in the mail, and hoppes sent me a bottle of the Hoppes elite cleaner for free as well. Just email them or call them and tell them that you want to try their product but are unsure if its a product that works for you. Then tell then what current cleaner you use and how you want something better. You would be surprised how quickly they will send you a sample with a comment like that lol.

Got a sample of Breakthrough on its way!

Back
Top Bottom