Anyone own or tried the Springfield XD?

I'm loving this shooting hobby, and am considering my next gun. Have any of you folks used or tried the Springfield XD? I'm looking at the XD 45 in tactical configuration. That, or maybe one of the new S&W M&P pistols (although I understand there were some quality issues with those).

Thanks....Matt

I haven't had any quality issues with my S&W M&P 9mm, fwiw. Live in MA, so I can't comment on the XD.

I bought an XD-40 about a week ago and love it. If you're up for a drive to Chester Rod & Gun Club (I'm a member there), I'll meet up with you and let you take it for a test drive.

You can't get the XD in MA? Sounds like a gun to buy then [wink]

[smile] I don't have one yet but I have only heard good things about them (except that Springfield will not sell spare parts - you have to return the firearm to them if it needs servicing).

I think the Manchester firing line has XDs available to rent so you can try one out and see what you think.

I have one in 9 & it's a nice pistol to shoot. Accurate & so far it's been reliable. I don't have too many rounds through it so I can't comment on long term reliability though. It also balances and points well.

I've also heard what MarkM said about them not selling parts. I haven't checked that out yet.

I bought an XD-40 about a week ago and love it. If you're up for a drive to Chester Rod & Gun Club (I'm a member there), I'll meet up with you and let you take it for a test drive.

Thanks...I might take you up on that soon. I'm probably going to Pelham this weekend, but I'll PM you later....Thanks again.

I tried one in .40 and loved it. Just fit me well and I shot it really well, much better than my 9mm sig 226. The grip just fit well. I'd love one but the few that are here in MA are $$.

Matt

I have the XD 45 (4" Service Model), and I have become a HUGE fan of the gun. I never thought I'd give up my 1911s for a polymer gun, but after 3 months I shoot the XD better than my Colt (and not a SINGLE failure).

The ONLY downside is that in Mass I'm stuck with 10 round mags, but the free world gets 13+1 in .45 ACP. If I lived north of the Border, I'd get the XD Compact (comes with one 10 round "compact" mag and one 13 round "service" mag).

I might add that Jim Conway, Doug Robinson, and a couple other instructors at NEShooters shoot XD45s and RAVE about them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom