• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone know where to get Unicorn Droppings (primers) for non ass rape pricing?

Surprisingly still in stock at the Ram. They have some powder in stock too
Crazy…they have varget and h4350 which people have been whining about since march 2020. I’m tempted to buy some just for barter, but the fact that they’ve been around all night leads me to believe that there might be more, elsewhere. I’m going to check cabelas in north Indy tonight and see if they have anything…their prices are typically a bit better and I get 5% back from them on my credit card.

Crazy…they have varget and h4350 which people have been whining about since march 2020. I’m tempted to buy some just for barter, but the fact that they’ve been around all night leads me to believe that there might be more, elsewhere. I’m going to check cabelas in north Indy tonight and see if they have anything…their prices are typically a bit better and I get 5% back from them on my credit card.
Yeah something is off. The fact that these were in stock last night but basically no one could check out has me suspicious. I wonder if you place an order if it will get cancelled?

but at the $49 per lb before fees and taxes and shipping. thank god i have all the varget i'll need for a long enough time.
all i need now is the reloder16 that was in stock only once at the valley 2 weeks ago and went silent again.

but at the $49 per lb before fees and taxes and shipping. thank god i have all the varget i'll need for a long enough time.
all i need now is the reloder16 that was in stock only once at the valley 2 weeks ago and went silent again.
I bought 50# of Varget right after I moved to Indy in March of 2019 for close to $190/8# jug. Sold one to a member here and still sitting on whatever I haven’t used since.

I feel like gollum between that and my primer stash…watching people trip over themselves the past two years has actually been kinda sad.

I learned my hard lesson about stocking components after sandy hook…at least we returned to ‘normal’ after that. I don’t think we come back from this one.

Larry is old. Larry is no longer the CEO. Larry does not run the show or make decisions anymore and hasn't in a while.
In this particular thread, Larry isn't the guy you're referring to. The comment is fine. The disclaimer below it breaks the thread rule. Following the rule helps keep the thread open.

Are you using the shootingbot.com email system? That’s how I got alerted for them earlier this morning
an every single time when i get email from this bot the product is already sold out.
i wonder how people get to it faster. there should be something else out there.

an every single time when i get email from this bot the product is already sold out.
i wonder how people get to it faster. there should be something else out there.
Works well for me🤷🏻‍♂️
There might’ve been a couple times where it was out of stock by the time I checked but that was months ago

Works well for me🤷🏻‍♂️
There might’ve been a couple times where it was out of stock by the time I checked but that was months ago
if you`ll see a jug of reloder16 - get a one for me then please. :) as i am failing to catch it no matter what i do.

Kittery trading post has primers in stock online. You buy online then wait for the order ready pickup email and you drive up and then call the number they provide in the email, when you arrive. They then walk out with your primers. I did this back in December or so. Super easy. But at that time the Winchester LPP were $60 per 1k…

Anyway they got federal match SPP, magnum SPP, and LPP. Also CCI SRP. All $99.99 per 1k…

Last edited:
I get that things are a hot f***ing mess right now , but I refuse to be ass raped for any product. I'll sit on the primers I have , and continue to shoot as much .22 as I please to entertain myself. I get just as much satisfaction out of shooting .22 , as I do any other caliber that I own.
Unfortunately, the $90-$100 range is now considered normal. I’d say at this point over a $100 is being a*******, but we’ll see in another 6 months. Finished ammo seems to be mostly back, so hopefully that means more availability of primers shortly.

But that may be considered a triumph of hope over experience.

I get that things are a hot f***ing mess right now , but I refuse to be ass raped for any product. I'll sit on the primers I have , and continue to shoot as much .22 as I please to entertain myself. I get just as much satisfaction out of shooting .22 , as I do any other caliber that I own.
Do you refuse to pay over $1 for gas too?

Prices fluctuate obviously but even if we do go back to 2019 prices, I won't be for a while, probably years.

Kittery trading post has primers in stock online. You buy online then wait for the order ready pickup email and you drive up and then call the number they provide in the email, when you arrive. They then walk out with your primers. I did this back in December or so. Super easy. But at that time the Winchester LPP were $60 per 1k…

Anyway they got federal match SPP, magnum SPP, and LPP. Also CCI SRP. All $99.99 per 1k…
Pistol primers finally sold out

Back
Top Bottom