Anyone know where to get Unicorn Droppings (primers) for non ass rape pricing?

Just returned Monday from the Camp Perry Nationals. Didn't see any primer deals on commercial row, but I did get some primers- just not by themselves. Brought my bride along for the trip and she ended up being an 'enabler'. CMP had the Creedmoor .30-06 in stock. It's made from Lapua components and loaded for M1 Garands, etc. Ridiculously accurate and the brass will survive many, many reloads. "Shouldn't you stock up?" Yes m'am. Bought 500 rounds.

For the same money I could have come home with a 8 lb jug of Varget or H4350-

00-lhyERExIOhgGUxOhASFyCM8q67q_pZes9IgCSOwycEIDbWaDMIF-llNrmmGhDWLEKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ

For now I won't worry about my LRP and LRP Benchrest primer stock until this time of year in 2022. Hopefully by then the pricing will not be so 'tarded.

Just returned Monday from the Camp Perry Nationals. Didn't see any primer deals on commercial row, but I did get some primers- just not by themselves. Brought my bride along for the trip and she ended up being an 'enabler'. CMP had the Creedmoor .30-06 in stock. It's made from Lapua components and loaded for M1 Garands, etc. Ridiculously accurate and the brass will survive many, many reloads. "Shouldn't you stock up?" Yes m'am. Bought 500 rounds.

For the same money I could have come home with a 8 lb jug of Varget or H4350-

00-lhyERExIOhgGUxOhASFyCM8q67q_pZes9IgCSOwycEIDbWaDMIF-llNrmmGhDWLEKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ

For now I won't worry about my LRP and LRP Benchrest primer stock until this time of year in 2022. Hopefully by then the pricing will not be so 'tarded.

I don't know, $75/pound is pretty reasonable when you factor in that you wouldn't have had to pay for shipping or hazmat...
[smile]

Get what you can, while you can and pay for it later!

I agree but with a twist. Primers are a commodity. They don't have an intrinsic price. There seem to be a lot of unsustainable things going on, economically and otherwise, but $60 per brick of primers isn't one of them, IMHO. I think the inflated price is permanent. It will go down some, but it will settle back down to something that Rip Van Winkle will definitely still regard as "price gouging".

I agree but with a twist. Primers are a commodity. They don't have an intrinsic price. There seem to be a lot of unsustainable things going on, economically and otherwise, but $60 per brick of primers isn't one of them, IMHO. I think the inflated price is permanent. It will go down some, but it will settle back down to something that Rip Van Winkle will definitely still regard as "price gouging".
I’d like to know where you were seeing them for $60?!?!?

I paid just over $90/brick average for the last 8 I bought including freight/hazmat...nearly 300% more than what I paid for the other 57,000 I had from before COVID.

I agree with you though...as long as they keep selling like they are, the prices aren’t going anywhere. Sure, I contributed to the problem by hoarding more when I already had plenty...but describing my outlook as ‘nervous’ would be an understatement.

Few like it when I say this but the industry is getting away with cartel behavior and basically is saying F-U to its core consumers and retail level distributors. They will take advantage as long as they can.

There's always a contingent of NES dumbasses who will chirp "cuz capitalism! " as if it were their go-to Tourettes reflex. I've yet to see one of them respond intelligently to the fact that proper capitalism does have rules.

I paid just over $90/brick average for the last 8 I bought including freight/hazmat...nearly 300% more than what I paid for the other 57,000 I had from before COVID.

I agree with you though...as long as they keep selling like they are, the prices aren’t going anywhere. Sure, I contributed to the problem by hoarding more when I already had plenty...but describing my outlook as ‘nervous’ would be an understatement.
Cabelas maybe?
One of the online vendors in the valley has them for $60 per 1k before shipping and hazmat. I've got some for like $72 shipped after hazmat/shipping.

Cabelas maybe?
One of the online vendors in the valley has them for $60 per 1k before shipping and hazmat. I've got some for like $72 shipped after hazmat/shipping.
I tried playing whack a mole on their site on my lunch break and came out of it with my dick in my hand (as I started)...

I don’t know how @daekken got as many as he did on the same day because it was miserable trying to play their ‘waiting game’ and clicking at the exact second they came back in stock and adding to your cart.

I don’t know how @daekken got as many as he did on the same day because it was miserable trying to play their ‘waiting game’ and clicking at the exact second they came back in stock and adding to your cart.
The key is that I work with boomers and can churn out a day's worth of work for them in like two hours. So I have some flexibility.

Find yourself a job where you have the "senior" title despite being the youngest guy in the department, lol.

I don't see hazmat and shipping as part of the "price". That's the upcharge I pay for the convenience of having them delivered to my door. $60 to $65 for standard primers, a bit more for "match", is the going rate for a brick if you can find them in stock somewhere without needing to have them shipped to you. I'm not personally finding them that way, but random joes across the country are finding them that way at this LGS or that outdoor store. As for shipping and hazmat, I do expect we will get back to being able to bundle orders. I just don't think it's going to say $135 next to the "Add to Cart" button for a case of CCI primers again.

I don't see hazmat and shipping as part of the "price". That's the upcharge I pay for the convenience of having them delivered to my door. $60 to $65 for standard primers, a bit more for "match", is the going rate for a brick if you can find them in stock somewhere without needing to have them shipped to you. I'm not personally finding them that way, but random joes across the country are finding them that way at this LGS or that outdoor store. As for shipping and hazmat, I do expect we will get back to being able to bundle orders. I just don't think it's going to say $135 next to the "Add to Cart" button for a case of CCI primers again.
I don’t even bother trying to find reloading components around Indy...a lot of reloaders around here makes my best chances at acquiring stock via the online option.

I’ll pay the extra $15-$20 per brick to not waste a day driving around.

How do you set discord notifications?

I registered for the # primer thing. But I can't get discord to push notifications to my phone.
I have samsung/android, whatever it's called. I could never get the notifications to work on my phone. No matter what I did with the settings. Screw discord.

Then I would come here, and see a smart ass from Gloucester post how he got 5k primers because he got an alert from discord. Screw him too!

I have samsung/android, whatever it's called. I could never get the notifications to work on my phone. No matter what I did with the settings. Screw discord.

Then I would come here, and see a smart ass from Gloucester post how he got 5k primers because he got an alert from discord. Screw him too!
Yeah that guy is such smartass

I have Samsung Note.

[banana]
Andrew the Apostle

Overview

Videos

Main Results​

Images​

Image result for st andrew

Description​

Andrew the Apostle, also called Saint Andrew, was an apostle of Jesus according to the New Testament. He is the brother of Saint Peter. He is referred to in the Orthodox tradition as the First-Called. According to Orthodox tradition, the apostolic successor to Saint Andrew is the Patriarch of Constantinople. Wikipedia
Born: Galilee, Israel
Died: November 30, 60 AD, Patras, Greece
Feast: 30 November
Siblings: Saint Peter
Parents: Jonah, Joanna

Are SPP pretty much interchangeable? I like having one brand, that is probably an impossibility going forward.
No but if you aren't on the edge (low or high) you should be safe.
If you are making range fodder for mag dumps from mixed brass you will likely never see a difference.
If you hand prep each case before sorting projectiles then you will hate yourself.

If you hand prep each case before sorting projectiles then you will hate yourself.
Never done that, so I wouldn't know. I have gotten the impression, however, that one brand might give more variance than another within the same card.

To add to the answer, however, some people worry about the hardness of the primer cup because they have revolvers or lever guns tuned to deliver the lightest possible strikes in order that the action be as light as possible. Frequently you'll hear that such a gun will set off Remington or Winchester primers reliably but not CCI. As far as safety is concerned, if you are running a handgun cartridge so close to the limit of safety in a given handgun that switching primer brands makes your loads unsafe, you are already operating outside of reasonable safety considerations, IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom