Anyone know where to get Unicorn Droppings (primers) for non ass rape pricing?

I'm surprised it was them. I used to live locally and spent a bunch of money in there. Always thought they were fairly reasonable.

Oh well. Guess I won't be back in there again.

I've had the same experience there. Makes me wonder if maybe it was a consignment.

Somewhat tempting, but gonna pass. $100.18 shipped for 1k. I still have SPP I paid 2.5 cents each for on hand, I'm not desperate enough.

I passed the first couple of times for the same reason, but I ended up buying a brick today just to see if I could. It helps psychologically that, months ago, I stopped tracking any and all cost data for my reloads and even factory ammo. I can no longer tell you what I paid for anything I have in inventory. I don't know whether that's a good thing, but it feels right. OTOH, while I'm still short 3000 SPPs to have a primer for every projectile, I'm not planning on buying another brick at $0.10 per primer.

Even with today's jacked prices, a new reloader can make 9mm for under $12 a box, provided they scrounge their brass.

View attachment 475431
Very true.
i think it’s just a tough pill for us reloaders who had been buying at “normal” prices. But at the end of the day, it still beats paying $30-$40 per box.

Very true.
i think it’s just a tough pill for us reloaders who had been buying at “normal” prices. But at the end of the day, it still beats paying $30-$40 per box.
Even loaded with a more expensive pill (your preferred term), my 8mm Mauser reloads were less than half of TSUSA's most recent price.

Don't bother with BPS today. Nothing there. I got a report of some primers there, but they were either gone, or never there.

WM next door had bricks of 22 though. 500 for thirty bucks.

Shooters was out too, but I did find a box of .452 XTPs. If anyone sees any magnum pistol powder for .300 BLK, let me know...

Don't bother with BPS today. Nothing there. I got a report of some primers there, but they were either gone, or never there.

Shooters was out too, but I did find a box of .452 XTPs. If anyone sees any magnum pistol powder for .300 BLK, let me know...

If you need 296/H110 let me know.

Check with Al

Very true.

It's a simple calculus for people who have neither reloading stocks nor factory ammo stocks. The complicating factor for those of us who do have stocks is whether to wait it out, allowing our stores to reduce as we use them, or to buy into the inflated market because future availability is the main concern. If price, rather than availability, is a driving issue for you, then you have to consider the most likely scenario, which is that prices and availability will return to pre-pandemic normal with some permanent (but not exorbitant) inflation baked in before (perhaps well before) your existing stocks are exhausted. If that be the case, buying into the inflated market is a bad financial move. Concern about future availability is what muddies the waters and makes it hard to enjoy the benefits of having prepared for hard times. We were worried before, and having been proven right, we stay worried. There's never a point where you cross the goal line and spike the ball.

At the rate that I’m shooting I have at least 4-5 years worth of components on hand. Probably be even more once I start a family and my shooting habits drop dramatically😬

Of course I’d like to have enough to last me my lifetime but that isn’t realistic for me. I’ll worry about buying more primers down the road

At the rate that I’m shooting I have at least 4-5 years worth of components on hand. Probably be even more once I start a family and my shooting habits drop dramatically😬

Of course I’d like to have enough to last me my lifetime but that isn’t realistic for me. I’ll worry about buying more primers down the road
Congratulations! When is the baby due? Will you have a gender reveal party?

So I had a bunch of notifications set at Midway for primers, powder, etc. Over the last few days Ive gotten a ton of responses stating various types and brands of primers are "discontinued and will no longer be available at Midway". :(

Back
Top Bottom