• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone know where to get Unicorn Droppings (primers) for non ass rape pricing?

Everyone’s getting SPP now.
I’d have to imagine once they start collecting dust the prices will drop a little bit OR they’ll start doing rebates again?

Don't hold your breath..

Fiocchi will begin construction in 2023 and anticipates its first stage of operational capacity of its Little Rock primer manufacturing facility in early 2025.
By then the primer market will be stable. It should help with supply which will drive down demand and help lower prices. We’ll see

By then the primer market will be stable. It should help with supply which will drive down demand and help lower prices. We’ll see

Your optimism is incredible, Mister AndrewCZ (who looks strikingly similar to another guy that used to hang out in this thread up until about last week sometime and then disappeared?)

I agree with you that they’re coming down soon and will likely stay there for a bit…but I doubt they’ll stay put through the next panic! I’m predicting the next event to send the firearms world spinning into chaos in 6 months or less. The .gov needs an ‘event’ in order to push the digital dollar on the population and they just ok’d beta testing on thanksgiving eve at 3pm in congress while no one was paying attention.

On that note…get your primers now before purchasing them starts to negatively impact your social credit score.

Your optimism is incredible, Mister AndrewCZ (who looks strikingly similar to another guy that used to hang out in this thread up until about last week sometime and then disappeared?)

I agree with you that they’re coming down soon and will likely stay there for a bit…but I doubt they’ll stay put through the next panic! I’m predicting the next event to send the firearms world spinning into chaos in 6 months or less. The .gov needs an ‘event’ in order to push the digital dollar on the population and they just ok’d beta testing on thanksgiving eve at 3pm in congress while no one was paying attention.

On that note…get your primers now before purchasing them starts to negatively impact your social credit score.
🤣🤣
I should have prefaced my post with “assuming there’s no panic or major gun grabbing between now and 2025.

Cabelas still has small rifle primers. As of 3pm today they still have about 15K CCI 450's ($89), 5K Federal Gold Medal Match AR primers ($99), and 12K Winchester SR Military #41's ($99).

Factoring for shipping and Hazmat, and you're looking at the eqivalent of $65-$75 primers.

Last edited:
Everyone’s getting SPP now.
I’d have to imagine once they start collecting dust the prices will drop a little bit OR they’ll start doing rebates again?

I think the price will begin to drop rapidly.

No one wants to be caught holding big inventories of rediculously overpriced primers when the manufacturers can dump excess inventories to wholesalers at firesale prices.

It will be like neckbeads and the return of abundant and (relatively) cheap .22lr at Walmart.

Once productivity outstrips supply, the floodgates open.

Yep. The Winchester SPP has been in stock for at least 3 weeks now.
Wrecking the economy, high inflation, GOP taking the house, and people prioritizing food and heating over shooting is going to cause a rapid price decline here soon, unless some jackwad decides to do something stupid with a gun, then the “we have to ban them“ crowd will re-appear, wrecking the downward price momentum that should be coming.

Me waiting for 231 to come into stock…after 2 years….
View attachment 699494

I’ve seen it a few times. If you’re still hurting in the spring, let me know and I’ll bring you some when I come back to the northeast for a visit. I have something like 20#’s of it I think? I bought an 8#r in March of 2020 because I knew things were about to get rough, but I haven’t even touched it.

For anyone else reading you can use the shootingbot site to sort/filter by a particular powder, primer, brass etc to see if it’s in stock. Just sort the list by the “stock” column.

For anyone else reading you can use the shootingbot site to sort/filter by a particular powder, primer, brass etc to see if it’s in stock. Just sort the list by the “stock” column.
Works for me. I sometimes get 5 or more notices per day

Last edited:
I’ve seen it a few times. If you’re still hurting in the spring, let me know and I’ll bring you some when I come back to the northeast for a visit. I have something like 20#’s of it I think? I bought an 8#r in March of 2020 because I knew things were about to get rough, but I haven’t even touched it.
Awesome. Appreciate the offer. Thanks to Andrew also for the pm…

No takers this weekend on my classifieds post for primer trade, so I have prices listed for large rifle, large pistol, and large pistol magnum. I have all the #41 small rifle I need for now, but I have a new (to me) 223 bolt gun, so am looking for some small rifle primers like 400, 450, 7 1/2, basically any non-AR specific stuff. Thanks.

The valley has Servicos spp for $80/k
SyZwaWQ9QXBp

I saw those... Are they good primers?
Spend a few extra dollars and buy american made primers that have a known history/track record. If those servicos primers were a fraction of the price they're charging, maybe give them a try.
That's my opinion anyway

Bass Pro has Federal SPP and LRP. $90 per 1k. Can't ship to MA so it needs to go to BP in NH or Cabelas in ME - depending where you live it may be worth the drive since there won't be any sales tax (for NH anyway) nor any shipping/hazmat charges. Plus they have a lot of powders in stock to help make the drive worthwhile if in need.

Back
Top Bottom