Anyone here shoot @ Woodcock Rifle Range?

blindndead

NES Member
Or am I the only one?
Directions To Woodcock Rifle Range
Rt 195 runs East and West between Providence RI and Cape Cod Massachusetts.

Take Exit 12, Faunce Corner Rd (South).

Follow Faunce Corner Rd past the North Dartmouth Mall. There will be a set of lights with a Dunkin Donuts (Gone Now) on your left.

Proceed directly through these lights.

A few hundreds yards down this road you will come to a �Y�, stay to the left. This is Chase Rd.

Follow Chase Rd to the end (about 5 miles).

At the end you will be at a T Take a right.

This is Russells Mills Rd.

Follow Russells Mills Rd around the bend and take the first right.

This is Woodcock Rd.

The Range is #100, on the right (dirt road).

Last edited:
I used to shoot there years ago. Nice range, lightly used. Out on the left side there were a series of bunkers from 100 meters to 500 meters with target stands you could raise and lower. There was also 1000 meter and 1500 meter berms down the center. It was pretty grown over from lack of use. Handgun range was on the right. Former National Guard range before the City of New Bedford took it over. Two buildings on property. The one on right stored City equipment and building on left was mostly vacant. Kind of a shame. It would have made a great clubhouse. Massive floor to ceiling stone fireplace, beamed ceiling, full 2nd floor.

Who runs it and what's it like now?

I used to shoot IHMSA Silhouette years ago there was a nice range. But I don't live in New Bedford and the non-resident permit to shoot got too expensive ($60.00). Its run by the City of New Bedford Park dept. Used to have someone there that you would have to sign in with. List your caliber you were shooting, bullet weight, firearm. But he passed away and not sure what the deal is there now.
Apparently some neighbor a few years back complained that bullets were hitting his property. He "salted" the area around his house with stuff he took off the range. So the whole sign-in was required.

http://www.ci.new-bedford.ma.us/commserv/riflerange.html

Last edited:
I used to shoot IHMSA Silhouette years ago there was a nice range. But I don't live in New Bedford and the non-resident permit to shoot got too expensive ($60.00). Its run by the City of New Bedford Park dept. Used to have someone there that you would have to sign in with. List your caliber you were shooting, bullet weight, firearm. But he passed away and not sure what the deal is there now.
Apparently some neighbor a few years back complained that bullets were hitting his property. He "salted" the area around his house with stuff he took off the range. So the whole sign-in was required.

http://www.ci.new-bedford.ma.us/commserv/riflerange.html

Yea that's the same deal now. List your caliber you were shooting, bullet weight, firearm. I love it. stand's are a buck, soda in the fridge, coffee. makes for a fun Sunday.

What are the hours and is then 60$ for the whole year? I been trying to find the website for it to get more details but can't find it. Can you help me out with some information about the range? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was a member there for a year. It's $60 for the whole year, yes, and it all goes to New Bedford PD, iirc. The range itself is run by volunteers. Decent place for the money.

I was a member there for a year. It's $60 for the whole year, yes, and it all goes to New Bedford PD, iirc. The range itself is run by volunteers. Decent place for the money.

I was just about to sign up, but all the links went down recently. None work and nothing on the New Bedford site, it's like it vanished. Is this still open, or did it close?

awesome thank you very much. Just got my M&P Shield and im dying to fire it.

Can anyone tell me how to join Woodcock? Do they have a website?

Thanks,
-Cuz

I think you can just go when they are open and speak to a Range Officer. I can't speak for the other days of the week, but Wednesday night you could ask for Bob.

Back
Top Bottom