Anyone here own a S&W 3913?

I was wondering if any kind souls happen to open a 3919 and wouldn't mind letting me try her out. I'm looking seriously at buying as a concealed carry piece but i want to try one before i drop the chunk o change. I would, of course pay for all the ammunition.

Also, if any of you have shot one before and have any feedback on the firearm, by all means give me your two cents.

-James

Whats good about a 3913 is that it is a single stack 9, which makes it very slim. Reliable but not quite a pocket peice but if your not foing that then great. If you are looking for a pocket one, then look at the M&P or any small frame revolver. Also is all metal which gives it more weight that an M&P so one could use it as an effective blunt object(not that an M&P wouldn't) but I would def give it a try out before you would invest. Give a drive(dont know where your from) to S&W and try a bunch out to see what your most comfortable with ($30 to try < $500+gun that you don't like). I know they have a 3913 plus M&Ps as well as some other good carry guns.

My dad has a 3913. I like it alot for the simple fact it is a single stack 9. Makes a great carry piece compared to my Walther P99 (9mm). Yes it is a touch heavier but since it is smaller I find it to be a fair trade off. I also like the trigger and such with no problems. The only thing is that I don't like the decocker on the slide but not a big deal.

You might also consider the 6906, which is similarly sized, though is double stacked. It is readily available on the used market for reasonable money. A second alternative is the Sig 239 in 9mm, and is a single stack design but is slightly heavier.

I sold my sig 239 and bought a 6906. I love it. Extremely reliable, accurate, 12 round mag, and easy to conceal. However, I'm thinking I'd like to get a 3913 for its slimmer profile.

Back
Top Bottom