• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone have a 1911 bushing tap & plunger tube staking tool for loan/rent?

Hi all,
Just finishing up a 1911 build from a "60%" frame casting (will post build details when finished). Wondering if anyone might be willing to loan / rent a grip bushing tap & plunger tube staking tool?

Thanks!

I don't know if John from Remsport is back at work, but you could give him a call and see how much he would charge to do it. He is located in Ludlow.

I don't have the tap but I do have a plunger tube staking tool from when I did my last 1911 build. I'm in Westfield. Let me know if you still need it.

I don't have the tap but I do have a plunger tube staking tool from when I did my last 1911 build. I'm in Westfield. Let me know if you still need it.

Thanks for the offer bhmax! I went and made a staking tool - couldn't bear to spend 40+ bucks on the thing, when I've only got 350 into the gun. Now just need to scratch up a tap (Hmmm... looking at the lathe, and wondering if it's worth the effort to make one of those too...) [smile]

Back
Top Bottom