Anyone from Capitol City R&P, Augusta?

I downloaded a membership application from the club Web site, but am still waiting for my NRA membership to process, so I'll know what my member number there is.
Hoping to take two or three courses from MPSTC at the CCR&PC range in April, and thought it would be a good to join and support the club.

Not a member, but would be if we were up there full time. We're located over in China. The membership price is right, though. Nice arial overview on their website.

-ed

Hi, Ed. Yep, China's a little closer to Augusta than where I am. I'm on the Midcoast, not too far from the Lincoln County club. I'll probably sign up there again, too.

Maine Public Safety Training Consultants; cop stuff.

Have shot a cowboy shoot there before and know one member from down my way. very nice facility.
Thanks for the info.
My NRA membership came through, so I can apply to the club, and somebody also told me there won't be any heartburn if I use cheapo steel-cased .223 ammo up there. I might put a donut magnet in my shooting box anyway, to pick up the steel empties and separate them from any reloadable hulls.

I am still a member at Cap City. I don't shoot there a lot anymore since they don't hold any highpower matches. Occassionally I'll go to do a little practice (if I can find a day that isn't taken up by cops or cowboys).

Steel cased ammo is fine to shoot, just make sure you pick it up.

Steel cased ammo is fine to shoot, just make sure you pick it up.
Good; thanks, Pat. I'm sure the instructors will remind everybody, too.
If I end up bringing brass-cased ammo, I'll probably save the empties for somebody who reloads. I'd like to stay away from the steel stuff if possible, but I'll find a way to recycle that, too.

I'm thinking of putting a new gas port bushing in the Mini-, so I won't have to "police up" three or more spots away from where I was standing. [wink]

Thanks for reminding me to get working on that application, too.

Back
Top Bottom