Anyone familiar with Class III laws?

I have some guestions. First of all how hard is getting your form 1 or 4 signed off on in this state? Is it easier to go to the local chief or the local sheriff? Im interested in a SBR can i purchase just an upper or do i need a lower?

What state, Mass?

The difficulty of obtaining a signature for an SBR varies much like the issuance of carry permits.....you won't know until you apply and present the form.

If you have a local chief, he is the first person to go to for a signature.

The serial number of the lower that the short barrel is going on is the one required on the form.

What city or town do you plan to get a signature in?

I was planning on doing this with a 9mm AR platform. Can i buy a SBR 9mm upper without a lower and buy a lower at a diffrent time? Can i own an SBR 9mm upper and 5.56 AR lowers without a problem? Im planning on applying in norwood

If you were able to get a Machine Gun License from your chief, don't expect too much problem getting them to sign off. Most of the hoplophobe chiefs won't even give you the license to begin with.

Ken

do I need an MG license to have a SBR? Its going to be a semi-auto build.

No, and if the local chief will not sign off, you can go the trust or corp. route, which does not require local approval

Best thing to do is purchase a ar15 the hole rifle, register it as a SBR, this way you get to shoot it while you wait for the form 1 approval. then when your tax stamp comes... buy the sbr upper

Back
Top Bottom