• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone else PO'd about Target Sports charging tax on memberships?

I am just glad we in Mass. have a company that has the BALLS to ship here. I usually get overnight service in unmarked boxes and get notified when the prices and shells I am looking for are available. You may have won the battle , but will lose the war.

i'm cut from a different cloth...i'm more pissed about the membership they force you to buy to be one of the chosen few. you guys take that skinflint title to the next level, paying to be cheap.

I am shocked at the # of online retailers that just charge MA sales tax willy-nilly.
When I first got a MA vendor's sales tax number, the goon in DOR told me to charge sales tax on labor as well. This was back in 1970 and there was no internet to look up the actual law and regs. He also refused to give me a copy of the sales tax law/regs until I told him that I wasn't leaving his desk without them and if need be I'd have my Wife's Uncles interpret them for me (both were tax attorneys)! Bad advice is nothing new.

The OP does have a point, his rant is because the State gets those $5.
While true and painful....there are times I don't go to NH shopping tax free because I just need it now. I guess this is the way I look at that sort of thing.

i'm cut from a different cloth...i'm more pissed about the membership they force you to buy to be one of the chosen few. you guys take that skinflint title to the next level, paying to be cheap.
That is not being Skinflint.

I am just glad we in Mass. have a company that has the BALLS to ship here. I usually get overnight service in unmarked boxes and get notified when the prices and shells I am looking for are available. You may have won the battle , but will lose the war.
What war would we lose? They are openly selling to residents and the state knows about it.

Just because they clear up a tax issue, does not mean they will stop or the state will be able to stop them from selling to MA.

They are doing it legally by keeping records of our licenses and also charging and sending MA sales tax. The state can do nothing to them its simple legal interstate commerce.

Most other companies do not understand licenses nor the laws, and they get threatening letters and just punt. That is not the case here, this is a company that took the time to be able to legally sell. Other companies could do exactly the same.

Your not forced to buy anything? Who's forcing you?

When ammo was stupidly priced.....I yielded back my Prime for 2 years. As I knew I was not going to use it or buy anything. When prices came down, I bought it again, and its paid for itself in 3 months.

Your not paying to be cheap...your paying for a service that gives you 8% off and lets you buy small quantities at free shipping. Eventually if you buy enough, it pays for itself easily. Its simple economics....the question is are you going to use it enough to pay for it and actually save money. If not....don't buy it.

Companies love it because there's a certain percentage of people that don't pay attention to subscriptions, ....and its fixed yearly income for them. I'm not one of those people, If I'm not using it, its getting cancelled.

Last edited:
I've been using true shot gun club for a while. Not sure if they charge tax on club membership, I usually buy enough for free shipping, but it's slow.

Back
Top Bottom