Anyone else notice falling pricies on older used guns?

At the local GS's I have noticed a lot of prices marked down on the older guns. Not that they are reasonable but rather marked down from astronomical to high.

Depends upon the "older used guns". They ones I would buy are still way too high. Usually.

Same here, the few I am,interested locally have been to high for some time. Several have gone up.

There has been a steep decline in antique flintlocks. My recent 1812 M95 Springfield and several other similar types are relatively quite low now. Original U.S. Civil War muskets can be had for the price of a new Pedersoli reproduction, about $800-$1000.

T

I noticed a down tick on friday when I stopped at a local store. He has had a Hakim there for over a year. He was asking over $1000 but came down to $700. Still high for me but better. His no4's were still too high at $450.

Have a fine Navy day.

I had read that a lot of firearms loose their appeal when the milsurp ammo runs out. I think the quality 8mm will always have value but I don't know about the lower end ones. Something like this may be what you're thinking/ seeing?

of course milsurps are really drying up at the GS even from 3-4 years ago

I had read that a lot of firearms loose their appeal when the milsurp ammo runs out.

This is true to an extent but also consider that we are seeing all kinds of new production ammo for milsurp guns coming from companies like Red Army Standard now. 7.62x54, 7.62x25, 9x18 etc... For a while, guys with pistols chambered in 7.62x25 were freaking out because all the inexpensive surplus tins were drying up, skyrocketing the price of tins that were still available. You can still find new production brass-cased stuff in that caliber from S&B, PPU, Fiocchi and Winchester but that stuff is outrageously pricey for a milsurp handgun. Whenever my stash of ~2K rounds of surplus 7.62tok dries up, I'll have no qualms about putting steel-cased stuff made by RAS through the Romanian TTC. F*ck it. It was a $200 gun and I enjoy shooting it. [wink]

Back
Top Bottom