Anyone else doing the Kubotan class at GOAL?

Im going to try to make the class if I am not traveling that week. I carry a combination pepper spray/kubotan on my key chain, but dont know how to use the kubotan part. The only thing I would think to use it for is a flail. Im assuming there is more to the class than that ;)

0000007.gif

Last edited:
I assumed having a Kubotan on your key chain was against the law in Massachusetts...I guess my assumptions are incorrect?

And as far as using a Kubotan in self defense, is that really acceptable?

I guess this is why they teach the class but I wouldn't take a class unless these two basic questions were answered beforehand.

you'd be ok on both counts.

I assumed having a Kubotan on your key chain was against the law in Massachusetts...I guess my assumptions are incorrect?

Your assumption is incorrect.

And as far as using a Kubotan in self defense, is that really acceptable?

That depends upon the situation. If someone curses at you and pull out your Kubotan and start beating on him, well you're likely going to jail for A&B (perhaps even A&B with a dangerous weapon). If you are a 5' 0" 100 lb woman and a 200 lb man says he's going rape you, then flail away with your Kubotan.

It is the gray areas where the force continuum gets interesting and lawyers pay for their kids' orthodontist bills.

Btw, the Homeland Security Agency bans Kubotans on airplanes. Minimag lights have a loop at the base which nicely fits a keychain. And Minimag lights are very similar in size to a Kubotan. If you are carrying a Kubotan, people who know what it is might ask you why you are carrying a Kubotan. If someone asks you why you are carrying a Minimag, you can always say you are afraid of the dark [wink]

.40, I don't know what that is, but it certainly not a traditional Kubotan.

Back
Top Bottom