Anybody Own A Windham Weaponry MPC AR / M4?

I am interested in these guns. I know it is the old Bushmaster people making it and I would love some feedback on these guns if you own one. Good purchase or what? Do you recommend it? Pros and Cons? Does it take the TulAmmo I can buy in bulk for cheap? Thanks.

I am interested in these guns. I know it is the old Bushmaster people making it and I would love some feedback on these guns if you own one. Good purchase or what? Do you recommend it? Pros and Cons? Does it take the TulAmmo I can buy in bulk for cheap? Thanks.

There was a thread about this a couple weeks ago, a bunch of people chimed in on it

Thanks! That thread just confirmed it for me. I was already pretty sure but now I know what my choice is when I get my funds in order.

I have owned 3 Windham Weaponry Carbines in 5.56. Between a couple buddies and my father, we have about 6 and a Windham made Bushmaster. They are all well made rifles and come highly recommended from me. I have had almost no reliability issues. The only issue I did have, happened to be with tulammo .223. It was underpowered so it wouldn't cycle the rifle. However, it did the same to my friends Windham made Bushmaster, and to another guy at the ranges LMT. We also, all three of us, experienced stuck cases. So we concluded that it was the Ammo.

I have been to the shop and taken their armorers course. The staff is very nice, and the QC at the shop was outstanding. They would reject a lower for the smallest imperfection.

While at the shop, I spoke with their gunsmith Erik Winter. I had purchased a drop in rail system from them, and it had a little wiggle to it. He told me that there had been a modification and the new style was better. He offered to ship out a new one with a return shipping label and have me ship him back the old one once I had swapped it out. He has also answered numerous questions via email within hours of me asking. One of which was regarding the Tulamo. I will put the text of that email at the bottom.

Excellent customer service!

From Eric Lockheart.
That’s the problem with the foreign made steel cased ammo. The quality control
seems to be all over the place. Some steel cased ammo is underpowered and some
is more powerful. While one person tests a gun with a certain lot of steel cased
ammo that runs great, another guy gets a lot of steel cased that doesn’t run
great. Then you might get a rifle that runs steel cased ammo that won’t run in
another gun because the tolerances on one gun are slightly different than
another. It ends up being sort of a crap shoot.

I have a windham weaponry MPC and its an outstanding rifle! 4150 cmv barrel properly staked gas keys on an m16 bolt, m4 feed ramps and dual heat shield handguards otd i paid 830.00 whats not to love?

old post I think it’s worthy to keep going out of curiosity what people think of Windham now

Back
Top Bottom