Anybody here have an RF Generator I can borrow.

Skysoldier

Forum Curmudgeon
NES Member
I am rebuilding a National SW54 Short Wave Receiver (circa 1952) that Dwarven gave me.

I have replaced all the old paper caps, and checked everything else out. Just waiting on a new set of tubes now.

Also modified it to alleviate the dangers of a hot chassis.[wink]

I am going to need an RF Generator to do the re-alignment sometime next month._455kc to 37kc.

Will gladly reimburse anyone for the favor.

Kim

Sky,
I don't know if this will help but I have an old RCA Institutes signal generator that I built back in the '60s. It has six bands and goes from 16KC (as it was called back then) to 100MC. You are welcome to it if you are interested.
John

As I remember you once posted a graph that helps you convert from MC to MHz. It helped me a lot.

Sky,
I don't know if this will help but I have an old RCA Institutes signal generator that I built back in the '60s. It has six bands and goes from 16KC (as it was called back then) to 100MC. You are welcome to it if you are interested.
John

As I remember you once posted a graph that helps you convert from MC to MHz. It helped me a lot.

Pm sent. Thanks!

I can check with a buddy of mine this weekend to see if he still has his old HP sig gen's hanging around. He was talking about tossing them in the trash because we now have spectrum analyzers that incorporate that function.

I can check with a buddy of mine this weekend to see if he still has his old HP sig gen's hanging around. He was talking about tossing them in the trash because we now have spectrum analyzers that incorporate that function.

Tell him I will buy the beer and dinner for you both in exchange![smile]

Kim, where are you located? I have access to 8920's I can borrow, I've used them to test my Kenwood TS-520's and they work fine.

ETA: If you're in Mansfield you're about an hour from my work.

Back
Top Bottom