• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any SCAR Owners?

With prices falling into the sub $2K range I'm thinking of picking one up. Anyone in MA own one of these yet? I have some questions about getting rid of the AWB features.

I can't justify the coolness of a rifle that has to be modified (folding stock) just to make it legal and take away from it's coolness.

I can't justify the coolness of a rifle that has to be modified (folding stock) just to make it legal and take away from it's coolness.

I don't think the stock is what makes it cool. More like the balance, accuracy, reliability, and the fact that it's battle tested.

A folding stock on a rifle is pointless to me anyway. The LOP issue I can live with.

I've handled a few and fired one...

They rank high in the cool factor dept, but honestly, I'm still trying to find out what it does better than my AR's. The plastic lower on the SCAR looks/feels cheap (especially for what they're selling for) as do some of the other plastic parts.

I'd buy a piston upper or if I wanted something unqie I'd go for an XCR or a SIG 556 before I put money down for a SCAR. In reality I'd build another quality AR for less money and put the rest towards ammo.

I'd be all over an FS2000 for $2K as I love the ergonomics and handling... the SCAR and ACR to me are both interesting rifles but just not unique enough to merit the cost.

Spending that much on a rifle and having to cripple it is sacrilege.

-Mike

I don't think the stock is what makes it cool. More like the balance, accuracy, reliability, and the fact that it's battle tested.

A folding stock on a rifle is pointless to me anyway. The LOP issue I can live with.

I disagree. The folding stock makes the weapon much easier to use in a vehicle. It is also a tremendous advantage in airborne operations.

The stock on the SCAR is the one thing I really liked... comfortable to shoulder/shoot. The fact that it's side folding and adjustable is a HUGE plus in my opinion. Anyone with an already packed safe knows why... plus lots more compact options for carry cases. My friend in Maine bought a compact Eagle (I forget) carry case and it's a small/easy to stow case for transport. Not that any of this matters to those of us in MA.

Back
Top Bottom