• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

any left hand shooters with advice on service rifle leagal brass deflector.

mac1911

NES Member
Might sound like a silly question but always need to throwxout the lefty questions before I jump in.
I need to recover more of my brass after matches.

A brass catcher would be great....but I don't think they are match leagal. I don't understand why not unless its a safety issue?
Any way....thanks Pat for the link. I always have to check out the lefty side for info.

They are legal, If you have a zippered sleeve make sure you zip it up or wear something underneath your coat. Brass loves to find its way into the sleeve.

Yes they are definitely legal. My son is a lefty who had the habit of shooting with his mouth open. After he tried to swallow a hot piece of brass, we got him a Rock River brass defector which worked like a charm. He still managed to not bring all his brass home from matches although I would have to imagine that it wasn't the deflectors fault. You always knew which ones were his from the dent on the case mouth. In the beginning I thought that it would cause splits but never found that to be the case.

Yes they are definitely legal. My son is a lefty who had the habit of shooting with his mouth open. After he tried to swallow a hot piece of brass, we got him a Rock River brass defector which worked like a charm. He still managed to not bring all his brass home from matches although I would have to imagine that it wasn't the deflectors fault. QUOTE]

B.
Hopefully he didn't have to wait till the next day to "recover" some of the brass..... lol / ouch!

George

I have yet to have any case go near my mouth! My God what us lefties will put up with. Only gun I have that throws brass near my face is a m1 carbine. Just cat hes the right side of my head some times.
Thanks for the info

Back
Top Bottom