Any issues with replacing FSB with low profile gas block?

Sorry if this has been covered before...
I have a DD barrel with the FSB already installed, so the barrel is already milled.
Would I have any issue replacing the FSB with a YHM low profile gas block?
One of the screws on the gas block seems to line up with the milled pin slot for the FSB. This is the cause of my concern.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Edit: Clamp on style instead of set screw style and call it a day?

Last edited:
If the location of the set screws is a problem you might try a clamp on gas block. This should work unless you plan on installing the gas block so that the free floating handguard covers it as it might not fit.

If the gas block is not covered by the hanguard you could also go with a folding front sight/gas block. ARMS makes a beatiful unit that looks like a stock front sight but collapses with the touch of one finger. It is a clamp on sight; I love mine.

Why not just cut the A frame sight and grind it into a low profile sight? Easy to do with a dremel and sanding drums. There are tutorials out there that show how to do it. That way you still have a pinned block and no cash spent.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

The only reason I didn't cut the A frame sight is because I not positive I don't want it. It's what I'm used to but I'm gonna try something new and wanted it as my back up plan.
I ended up ordering Troy's 2" low profile gas block. Supposedly it's made to replace an A frame sight.
I'll post back when it arrives.

Thanks again!

Troy 2" LP gas block arrived. It covers both slots of the A-frame sight doubling my "issue".

Stripped my barrel nut and AR-15 wrench.....POS wrench. Didn't have an extra barrel nut, ordered 2 plus a new wrench...back to waiting for final assembly.

Back
Top Bottom