Any former 97 Bravos?

Just wondering...

my next door neighbors in my overseas barracks were intelligence, although im not sure what type they were. they were really nice guys, and they had all the cool assignments it seems. it definitely looks like its a job that keeps you real busy with different stuff when your deployed.

what's a 97B?

[laugh]

my ex wife was a 98C (imagry analyst)... i'm NOT sure what it's called now though...

-BC, didn't know your were in the mil. silly me.

my next door neighbors in my overseas barracks were intelligence, although im not sure what type they were. they were really nice guys, and they had all the cool assignments it seems. it definitely looks like its a job that keeps you real busy with different stuff when your deployed.

my next door neighbors are old, racist, bitter or fat... or any combination thereoff. [rofl]

*we did just a cutie move in behind us. she parks next me too [smile]

97b is counter intelligence, i had to look it up actualy. i might remember 5 MOS's by their fancy army lingo.

I was a 98J and later a 352J. I worked with a number of 97B's on active duty and currently work with a former one at the MSP.

There were a lot of kids who got the MOS, thought they were going to be CI Agents and do James Bond stuff and ended up being dumpster divers and duty bods for Military Intelligence Battalions assigned to divisions. Their B's and C's (badges and credentials) were locked up and hardly ever issued for a real CI assignment. At least that is what I observed in the context of my career in MI.

Mark L.

what's a 97B?

[laugh]

my ex wife was a 98C (imagry analyst)... i'm NOT sure what it's called now though...

-BC, didn't know your were in the mil. silly me.

A 98C was a Signals Intelligence Analyst (traffic analyst). Imagery was 96D back in the day. The Army recently overhauled, consolidated and renumbered many of the military intelligence MOS's.

Mark L.

A 98C was a Signals Intelligence Analyst (traffic analyst). Imagery was 96D back in the day. The Army recently overhauled, consolidated and renumbered many of the military intelligence MOS's.

Mark L.

she was SOMETHING... [rofl]

i've lost track as my own MOS has changed three times since reclassing into it. 91B, 91W now 68W (combat medic). [laugh]

i think MI are now 35 series... not sure though

what award is that on your avatar?

It's the Meritorious Service Medal. I believe that you're right that the MI MOS's recently got renumbered in the 35 series so they match the same number series as those for MI officers.

Mark L.

Jes, I'm feeling old. The more things change, the older I feel. My experience ends in '71 and the ASA no longer exists (as far as I know). I'm sure the duties of an O5H/O5H3FF3 are probably automated by now - or assigned to trained monkeys...

Back
Top Bottom