any body own the ruger lcr do you like it ?

It carries like it isn't there. Bulkier grips than a smith but I feel a lighter pull on the trigger. My issues with smith j frame: super hi tech hybrid metals but the GD trigger and grip screws rust with pocket carry (no fancy metals here) my lcr doesn't.

issues with lcr thicker grips, trigger is lighter on the pull but it resets different than any revolver I've shot before. but

I Love It!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like my LCR. I just started some range time with it. A revolver is a lot different than the Glock I carry. That is because I never trained with a revolver before. It has more recoil than a Glock, but it manageable even though it is small. I think it is good for deep concealment at 2:00 compared to my G26 or G19. It is also much lighter so it requires less adjustment. I carry it in a Quest 2" leather holster.

If Glock made a revolver I think it would be like a LCR. It seems simple and reliable to me.

I admit to being a revolver noob. While at the range I learned that you need to firmly lock the cylinder in place before firing. Otherwise it could swing open when you need it. Also, there is no trigger reset like a Glock so you need to let the trigger return all the way to be able to "revolve" to the next round. I am glad to be practicing with my LCR.

I like this revolver and the Ruger SP101- but that is very relatively heavy so I do not carry one.

I am considering a speed loader since the LCR is so great to carry but only has 5 rounds.

If you handle one before buying it, ask to feel how heavy it is with 5 rounds. That will give an idea what it really would feel like since it is so light empty. Obviously exercise safe handling if you are doing that in a gun shop.

I think you will like it but it may be a shock to feel recoil in a snubby if, like me, you had little experience with snubs.

I Love my LCR. It is a good backup for me on my ankle and sometimes it is my primary depending on what I am wearing for the day. It has a very smooth trigger and the above post is correct that it resets differently then most firearms I have shot.
I love it and I won't be getting rid of it anytime soon.

I WAS LOOKING AT QUITE A FEW REVIEWS ON THE GUN AND THE ONLY BAD THING IVE HEARD WAS THE GAS CUTTING WHERE THE CYLINDER MEETS BARREL IT WAS ACTUALLY CUTTING A NOTCH IN THE FRAME NOT GOOD BUT MANY PEOPLE ALSO SAID THEY FIRED THE SAME OR MORE ROUNDS THRU IT WITH NO PROBLEMS AT ALL IM NOT SURE IF IT WAS RUGERS EARLY LCR MODEL OR NOT PLUS ITS RATED FOR .38+P AMMO AND WOULD THAT AMMO MAYBE CAUSE MORE OF A GAS CUT THAN .38 SP I DO LIKE THE GUN AND DONT PLAN ON FIRING THOUSANDS OF ROUNDS THRU IT JUST THE OCCASIONAL RANGE PRACTICE

I have one, it does fit well in a pocket holster, but it is a very lightweight gun, and has the recoil one would expect in a gun that weighs less than the bullets it carries. I'm not a fan of the trigger pull. The grips are a bit small for my hands and the trigger pull requires a bit of what I consider excessive force. But I'm sure the children are safe.

for discreet PP, it's OK.

The question is if you will like it.

If you really want a 5-shot .38 SPC revolver, then yes, you will. If that's not what you really want, then no, you won't.

I've had an LCR for over a year-- it's one of my 2 carry guns when I carry, I love it in every way except for it's rattle when you shake it. Apparently it's a very well known issue and not considered a defect. Some people don't notice or seem to mind, but it drives me crazy. I swear when I'm carrying it, it's like carrying a maraca! I wrote Ruger about it and they said it's just normal play in the transfer bar. Whatever. I hate it. But I have pseudo-OCD. I can't help shaking the gun every time I pick it up just to get myself mad.

Other than that, I love it.

Have had one for awhile now and love it. Do some dry fire training and train out the herky jerky and it rules!

Conceals well and I was shooting a spinning steel target at 25 feet and getting 5/5 "dings!"

Next I want to buy a laser for it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I like the LCR. If OCD gets to you like RI_John, I recommend you try the LCR and the SW 442. The SW is about 2-4 ounces heavier and absorbs recoil a little better. The LCR stacks less (when you pull the trigger on the SW it can get heavy just before it goes off) and for most can be more accurate. it is a matter of taste as the price between them is close

if nothing else, by trying both you will know for sure when you buy it. I bought the SW442 which I like but wish I had tried the LCR before deciding.

I tried the Ruger LCR and the S&W 642 as I wanted a revolver to carry. Although both were great, I chose the S&W 642CT, with the Crimson Trace laser. Very happy with it, accurate, light, and easy to carry.

I recently bought the .357 version of the LCR and finally got out to MFL today to test drive it. Love it! Nice trigger and easy to control firing .357 loads. Recoil was very manageable with the Hogue Tamer grip. Sorry I didn't bring more 357, it was a fun to shoot.[grin]

I have shot both and ended up purchasing the S&W J-frame, had some trigger work done inexpensively at M&M Plimouth, added a Crimson Trace and love the thing. You're welcome to come try mine at the Monument Beach club in Bourne any time. Shoot me a pm if interested.

I have an LCR and like it, but I also have a S&W 340 PD. I carry the S&W . One thing I have noticed is not all speed loaders work with the LCR. Safariland and my old Dade loaders work fine in the S&W but get caught up on the grip o the LCR. I tried installing the boot grip but the loaders still get snagged. The HKS loaders work fine in eithier gun.

How does the LCR fit your hand compared to the SP101?
The LCR is smaller. Picture 5 38 cartridges with a piece of duct tact squished around them and you'll know what the cylinder looks like. It's very heavily fluted. All the weight (what little weight there is) is around the cylinder and the barrel.

The trigger pull is much easier than most other snubbies are in double action, but I find that seems to be true in a lot of double action only vs sa/da. Obviously all lightweight snubbies are going to be less than stellar to shoot, but compared to others in the same class that I've shot (Airweight & an old Colt Agent) this one shoots much better.

The grips are beefier than I would expect on such a little revolver, but thsoe grips, together with a really high hand hold, makes it quite easy to shoot 38's out of.

I have carried the 38 LCR for about 5 months now. Put about 50-100 rounds through it at the range so that I am used to it. You can forget you are carrying it with a good gun belt. I have purchased a number of holsters for it and found I liked the Don Hume OWB with a body shield to be the most comfortable. The revolver has not had any problems, and recoil is as expected for such a light gun. It's not a range gun but with a speed loader I feel confident it is enough if any situation were to ever happen. My hands were to large so they covered the laser, so I didn't purchase the one with the laser sight. I am happy with my purchase.

I've had an LCR for over a year-- it's one of my 2 carry guns when I carry, I love it in every way except for it's rattle when you shake it. Apparently it's a very well known issue and not considered a defect. Some people don't notice or seem to mind, but it drives me crazy. I swear when I'm carrying it, it's like carrying a maraca! I wrote Ruger about it and they said it's just normal play in the transfer bar. Whatever. I hate it. But I have pseudo-OCD. I can't help shaking the gun every time I pick it up just to get myself mad.

Thats so funny. I do the same thing-it drives me nuts, but I do love the gun.

Bought the LCR 2 weeks ago and it's great. Put about 200 rounds through it. Just bought the bantam boot grip off ebay a few minutes ago for a more concealed pocket carry ($16.99 free s/h, only seller on ebay and he has about 10 left!!!!). I plan on carrying this gun for this summer and many to come.

Back
Top Bottom