Another Workplace Shooting Updated 3 dead 8 shot

The suspect's friend and neighbor, Ronald D. Bartram, . . . is worried that police are looking for the wrong man. . . . "He's a good friend of mine and I am really concerned. He is a good man."

Descriptions of the gunman have been confusing to police as one witness described the gunman as a black man, about 5-foot-8, wearing a tan coat and carrying a semiautomatic weapon — but later, a company supervisor called police to give the name of a disgruntled worker, a white man, who had possibly been recently fired, The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported.

It goes to show - maintain friendly relations with your co-workers, because if you are ever fired and someone else comes in and shoots everyone, they're going to blame you!

He fired a 100 rounds and only hit 8 people. So much for those evil high capacity killing devices...
Too bad this guy didn't reverse the order. It would have made it so much simpler on everyone.

ABB shooter fired off 100 rounds before killing himself

By Tim O'Neil and Kim Bell/St. Louis Post-Dispatch (MCT)
Published: Saturday, January 9, 2010 11:07 AM CST
ST. LOUIS -- St. Louis police Capt. Michael Sack, commander of the crimes against persons division, said during a press conference this afternoon that Timothy Hendron arrived at the ABB complex with an assault rifle, a shotgun, two pistols and "hundreds of rounds of ammunition," some of it in a fanny pack he wore. Sack said Hendron fired more than 100 rounds.

Sack said Hendron's body was found inside an office far from the locations of the bodies of the men he killed, but Sack said he didn't know whether there is significance to that office in this crime. He said that is among the many questions that investigators will be looking as they re-interview employees, managers and relatives of Hendron.

Sack also said police found a third pistol in the parking lot near a guard shack. Officers were trying to determine ownership of that weapon, he said.

Sack said police did not find any notes in Hendron's vehicle or on his body. He said investigators did not know whether he was targeting victims or shooting at random.

He said investigators will work carefully to try to determine a motive.

"We will have more detailed interviews and talk to managers and workers on what his motives might have been," Sack said. "We'll try to find out what was happening in his life," he said added later, "We may never know what truly motivated him to do this."

Police also released the names and conditions of the five wounded victims:

-- Darrell Buckley, 51, of St. Louis, in critical condition with wounds to his abdomen, chest and leg.

-- Stephen Sharp, 55, of O'Fallon, Mo., in critical condition with wounds to his abdomen.

-- Keith Garner, 51, of Florissant, in fair condition, with multiple leg wounds.

-- John Green, 56, of Ferguson, in fair condition with shotgun wounds to an arm.

-- Jerry Brown, 52, of St. Louis, discharged Thursday after treatment for a leg wound.

The family of Timothy G. Hendron released a statement this afternoon through the office of lawyer Scott Rosenblum of Clayton. The complete text is as follows:

"The enormity of sadness our family feels over the shocking events of yesterday is beyond what mere words can express. Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and with their family members and friends who have suffered such terrible losses.

"The loving and caring person we knew as a husband, father, son, brother, uncle and friend could never have done this. Please know that we do not understand what happened to cause this tragedy and we do not have any answers.

" We do ask for your prayers. And we ask that you respect our privacy as we -- along with everyone in St. Louis-- mourn for the lives that were lost. Thank you."

Earlier story:

ST. LOUIS -- Police said in an afternoon press conference that the worker who went on a shooting spree at his workplace shot off about 100 rounds of ammunition before killing himself inside an office in the ABB complex on Thursday.

He shot and killed three co-workers. Five others were wounded in the shooting spress before the shooter killed himself.

Early Friday, police confirmed the identities of each of those who died in Thursday's shooting rampage.

They are:

* Carlton J. Carter, 57, of the 6000 block of Henner in St. Louis. He was found dead outside the factory, shot once in the head.

* Terry Mabry, 55, of Moscow Mills, Mo. Mabry was found dead outside the factory. Mabry had been shot twice -- in the leg and head.

* Cory Wilson, 27, of Collinsville. He was found dead inside the factory. He had been shot in the shoulder and head.

And, the shooter: Timothy G. Hendron, 51,who was a longtime employee of ABB who lived in Webster Groves. He shot himself to death under the chin. He was found dead inside the building.

Family photo of Carlton Carter

Family photo of Cory Wilson

To read more about the shootings and the victims, go to STLtoday.com for our entire coverage.

To see more of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, or to subscribe to the newspaper, go to http://www.stltoday.com.

Copyright (c) 2010, St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Distributed by McClatchy-Tribune Information Services.

ST. LOUIS (AP) -- Relatives of a man suspected in a shooting spree at a St. Louis plant that left four people dead say the man they knew ''never could have done this.''

Police believe 51-year-old Timothy Hendron of Webster Groves killed three co-workers before shooting and killing himself Thursday at the ABB Inc. plant in north St. Louis. Five others were wounded.

The family issued a statement Friday through attorney Scott Rosenblum.

It says, ''The loving and caring person we knew as a husband, father, son, brother, uncle and friend could never have done this.'' The statement also stressed that the family does not understand what happened to cause the tragedy.

Police also have not uncovered a motive.

My company has a no weapons policy which includes pocket knives and any other kind of weapon. I was wondering if this were a hypothetical world, how many of you would still carry in the office? I carry a rather large briefcase/laptop bag and had been considering keeping something in the pocket.

[cerberus];1263687 said:
My company has a no weapons policy which includes pocket knives and any other kind of weapon. I was wondering if this were a hypothetical world, how many of you would still carry in the office? I carry a rather large briefcase/laptop bag and had been considering keeping something in the pocket.

Carry, like a gun? I don't think the AG's office would approve of that. I have 911 on speed dial if I run into trouble.

You can carry but they can fire you if it comes to their attention. You're the one in violation of your contract...

My company has random searches of bags coming into and leaving the facility by employees. They block an entrance and search everyone's bags going in and out for about 30 minutes. It happens 4-6 times per year.

I keep it unloaded and locked in my car - were it's safe.[rolleyes]

[cerberus];1263687 said:

Hypothetically, I still would carry a knife. No firearms allowed on company property.

Is it me, or did these types of things happen less when people were actually taught "Personal Responsibility"? This whole "it's not my fault" attitude created by liberals causes these dirtbags to externalize everything that ever happens to them, so they feel the need to punish those conspiring to ruin their lives.

Back
Top Bottom