• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another moving to nh thread

Searched but most of what I found seems to be a few years old, want to make sure I do everything by the book.

Currently have a mass unrestricted ltc. I'm moving to NH in less than a month but will still be working and spending alot of time in Mass.
Couple questions-
I've moved before in mass and just had to send the change of address via certified mail to previous and current pd. I would have to do the same to my current pd as well as the town in nh I'm moving to?

As I change my address my current ltc will mean nothing.
I know its not needed but would getting my nh permit benefit me at all before applying for a mass non resident ltc?

Anything else I should know about moving from mass to nh?
Thanks

I went NH to Ma, but while in NH I had Non Res Ma. LTC back in early 2000's and it was no big deal, except $100/year. Now I have heard its a PIA. When you move to NH your current Mass LTC will mean nothing after you move out of Ma. I still keep my Non res NH and Me. cards just to cover my a$$.

Mass requires a copy of your resident-state carry permit for the Mass non-res carry permit application. So, yes, that would make applying for the Mass non-res easier as a NH resident, unlike the VT guys.

Other advantages of the NH resident permit are easier FTF gun sales and reciprocity with states outside New England. Travel in VT and Maine doesn't require a permit unless you're going into certain Maine state parks.

I've moved before in mass and just had to send the change of address via certified mail to previous and current pd. I would have to do the same to my current pd as well as the town in nh I'm moving to?

As I change my address my current ltc will mean nothing.
Send nothing to your new NH hometown in relation to your Mass LTC, only reason to contact your new NH hometown is to change over your auto registration and license plate, and to register to vote at least a couple weeks before the state primary (September 8).

As you mention, changing states means your resident MA-LTC is invalidated, so be extra cautious about crossing the southern border with anything, even empty casings, in your possession or vehicle.
Anything else I should know about moving from mass to nh?
Many (most) NH outdoor Fish & Game clubs are still open to members, but with meetings suspended, generally are not inducting new members. That said, new is the time to get your name on the waiting list at your closest outdoor rifle range.

If your employer is MA based and you work from home at all, make sure your employer is aware of your move and properly submits your information to MA DOR.

So essentially all I have to do at first is contact my current pd through certified mail ? Just worried about not doing something and having it come back to bite me.

So essentially all I have to do at first is contact my current pd through certified mail ? Just worried about not doing something and having it come back to bite me.
Nope, notify BOTH FRB & ISSUING PD (whoever issued your MA LTC, not always where you are moving from) by Certified Mail.

Back
Top Bottom