Another Gun Manufacturer in Trouble in MA Markets?

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Heard this in my local shop. The incoming AG is going after a large manufacturer of SAA revolvers because they did not pay a bribe, er, pay for their guns to be tested. Said company supposedly won't buckle under. I hope this is wrong, but I fear the worst.

Martha, Martha, Martha!!! [rolleyes]

I'm sure Reilly had it on the back burner for a while now just so he could hand it to Coakley to cherry pick and look like a fricken children saving hero...

Could this reopen the door to overturning the AG's illegal regulations?
No, The gun maker will knuckle under, sign a consent decree and do business elsewhere.
There is no reason for any gunmaker to do business in Massachusetts except to make money.
We are a small group (shooters and hunters) and provide very little incentive for a gunmaker to scratch for pennies here.
Nobody outside of MA gives a rat's a** what happens here.
The anti gunners are in charge here and they know it.
We exist, as gunowners, at their whim.

Heard this in my local shop. The incoming AG is going after a large manufacturer of SAA revolvers because they did not pay a bribe, er, pay for their guns to be tested.

The testing requirements have been in place for years. No news there.

Moreover, it is the DEALER who is responsible; not the manufacturer.

I'll wait for the facts to come out before getting excited.

I'll wait for the facts to come out before getting excited.

I was reporting what I heard. And just remember the old Rudyard Kipling parody:

"If you can keep your head while all those around you are losing theirs, perhaps you haven't fully grasped the seriousness of the situation."

I was reporting what I heard. And just remember the old Rudyard Kipling parody:

"If you can keep your head while all those around you are losing theirs, perhaps you haven't fully grasped the seriousness of the situation."

ESPECIALLY in Massachusetts! [wink]

Any word on this yet?

Well, from what little I can find out, supposedly the AG-to-be got set back on her heels a bit. I guess that the other side came prepared to fight and she was not able to deal with it. But no specifics have come out so we are still waiting.

Maybe the gun manufacturers are tired of this Barbra Streisand and are going to fight it? We can only hope.

The thing I don't get, is under what grounds is she whining about?

If their guns are on the roster (I'm guessing its ruger?) then whats the
problem? Yeah, they have to meet the AGs regs, and if thats the
problem, then I can seee where the whining might come from.

If it's some other manufacturer, then I don't hold out much hope for
them, if they're trying to sell guns there that they didnt bother to
test. That'd be like pissing into the wind, legally speaking.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom