• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another attack on the Grid???

no big surprise, local grids shutting down is pretty easy to do (happens ever good sized storm). SUPPOSEDLY the 'grid' has been reset-up so something like the big black out a few years back (cascade failure) cant happen again. That would mean that a truely massive coridinated assault (hundreds of teams) would have to take place for anything other then a single city being shut down. The effectiveness all comes down to how long it would take to repair dammaged sub stations... 1 day no problem, 2 days not a huge problem, 3 days looting and general lawlessness, 4 days+.... I wouldnt want to be anywhere near the area

. The effectiveness all comes down to how long it would take to repair dammaged sub stations... 1 day no problem, 2 days not a huge problem, 3 days looting and general lawlessness, 4 days+.... I wouldnt want to be anywhere near the area

I think the entire Cape can be turned off by taking out 2-3 substations.

If I was a giant tinfoil hat conspiracy guy (maybe slightly).

I would theorize that a coordinated attack to knock out a large major city(s) for a number of days would be pure gold for gun owners and people willing to defend themselves.

I think most people still remember the footage of the Koreans defending their business during the LA riots in 1992. A visual aid that proves that the police can't be everywhere during an emergency would reinforce the value of all weapons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzkBGQx3HAc

That assumes you get to them before the meth-heads first. The Cape is not as fancy as people think...
It's funny what people think of the cape, I had a guy from down south who assumed the cape was just one little resort ask why we didn't just drive around in golf carts!

Meth heads don't eat and we don't have many of them. Besides, the heroin addicts are all pretty sedate(d).

If I was a giant tinfoil hat conspiracy guy (maybe slightly).

I would theorize that a coordinated attack to knock out a large major city(s) for a number of days would be make or break time for gun owners and people willing to defend themselves from tyranny.

I think most people still remember the footage of the cops disarming people in New Orleans after Katrina. A visual aid that proves that the government (and by extension the police) can't be trusted during an emergency would reinforce the value of all weapons.

FIFY

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom