• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another AR15 build

My AR15 build recently reached completion with the arrival of the upper receiver I ordered back in Nov '08. It's my gun first build, and I think it turned out pretty sweet. Sorry for the cell phone pics..
IMAGE_093.jpg

IMAGE_083.jpg

IMAGE_085.jpg

I tried to get some pics of the gas key and m4 ramps, but they didn't come out great. I am very pleased with everything though.
IMAGE_091.jpg

IMAGE_092.jpg

IMAGE_094.jpg

details:

- Noveske N4 Light Carbine, Basic, with VIS upper receiver
- Noveske N4 stripped lower receiver
- Trijicon TA-31F ACOG w/ Larue LT-100 mount
- JARD, Inc adjustable 4lb single stage trigger group
- Magpul CTR stock
- Tango Down pistol grip, qd fore grip, and rail panels

I'm toying with building one vs just buying one,that came out very nice.If you don't mind,how much was the build totalled up.

I'm toying with building one vs just buying one,that came out very nice.If you don't mind,how much was the build totalled up.

I was wondering the same. I assume it isn't as easy as putting one of these uppers I see floating around together with one of the lowers...

I was wondering the same. I assume it isn't as easy as putting one of these uppers I see floating around together with one of the lowers...

Actually it is that easy 99.9% of the time. You can buy the upper or lower receivers assembled or in parts, and just put em together! That's part of what makes them such a popular platform.

In this case, I purchased the upper complete and the lower in parts. This one wasn't exactly a budget build, so I'm not going to give numbers. I identified all the major parts, so those so inclined can figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom