And this is why we need to protect ourselves and not hope for the police

To me it is never a matter of what other's say or believe or do, it is all about what I believe and know and do...and live my life accordingly.

How many times does it need to be spelled out? The police are NOT your personal body guards.

They are not the US Cavalry that is going to ride in en masse just before the Indians or bad guys are going to attack.

They are not Superman who will bust through the wall of the house and put himself in front of the speeding bullet and deflect it just in time.

You are responsible for your own life. Not the Tooth Fairy, Smokey the Bear, The police, the government, or anybody else..
It's your life, it's up to you.

i think i'm going to add this as my signature line seanc

It's a sad situation. That no one can deny. The NY PD should be absolutely ashamed of itself. If the dispatcher didn't hear anything then why did they stay on the line and have the entire attack recorded? Anyone else find that odd?

I think a 48 minute response for NYPD is pretty good. Especially considering that the crime took place in WISCONSIN! [rolleyes]

Zimmerman managed to call 911 at 12:20 p.m. The call was taken by the Dane County 911 center and an internal investigation revealed the dispatcher did not hear any sounds that would signal an emergency.

The police have no statutory responsibility to protect you as an individual, this has been affirmed numerous times.

"When seconds count, the police are only minutes away."

I wonder how many students felt sorry for the vagrants that pan-handled in their neighborhood?

Mark L.

There was an editorial in yesterday's Globe about the decision to allow concealed carry in national parks. Last I'd seen the majority of comments were in support of the decision.

One of the posters quoted this story as a good example of what can happen while you're waiting for the authorities to arrive and save you from the bad guy.

Back
Top Bottom