Ammo storage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2. I was answering Dtess17 question who is also MA resident. I wanted to point to him that according to 527 CMR 13.04 1e he has to keep it in the original box. How you keep it or how he will choose to keep it - was not part of my post. Notice, I didn’t even state how I keep it.

Actually had nothing to do with me. I don't have any ammo to store. I was just wondering how he did it. I've heard of people using zip lock bags, loose, boxed, molded in Jello...I like to see what the crazy kids are doing now a days.

Last edited:
If the "statute" (I prefer to call it a regulation, as this is a reg not a law). insists on original boxes, that provision is completely uneforceable, to the point where it can be safely ignored...
Yes, statute was a wrong word. I mainly typed it as force of habit. However, most of our so called laws are nothing more than corporate policies/regulations anyway.

Yes most of these regulations are very difficult and in some cases impossible to enforce. However, most of the time they do not get you with gathered evidence, but with self incriminating or fraudulent statements. So although no one is busting down anyone’s door tonight because he/she keep loose ammo, it could bit an unaware NESer if he/she ever falls into their clutches. Here is one possible scenario – a wife calls police and says her husband is unstable gun hording lunatic. And she fears for his safety. Cops search the house, because she let them in, and find the scene similar to Scott’s photo. They confiscate everything and bring in the husband for questioning, aka interrogation. They open one of the ammo cans with loose 9mm and ask the guy:

Cop: Where did you buy this ammo?
Guy: Four Seasons in Woburn.
Cop: When did you buy it?
Guy: 2006.
Cop: How many cases?
Guy: Four.
Cop: Was this in 50rd box or the bulk 250rd box?
Guy: 50rd boxes.

Now they got to keep his guns, ammo and LTC. After some more “interviewing” they pin some other charges on the guy and DA gets a conviction and an article in BG about how they made our streets safer.

Bottom line, IMHO, NES is about info sharing, and that is what I did. I did not say one must comply with the regulation, but rather inform unsuspected owners that such retarded regulation actually exists. Oh, and for the hypothetic story above – the most important lesson in dealing with authority one can learn – never ever talk without a good criminal attorney present. Just don’t do it, or you will likely live to regret it. For the uninitiated, here is a helpful video on the subject.

Last edited by a moderator:

Even for Massachusetts this is unbelieveably over-the-top paranoid. [rolleyes]

I hearby award this post:

[tinfoil][tinfoil][tinfoil][tinfoil][tinfoil] out of [tinfoil][tinfoil][tinfoil][tinfoil][tinfoil]

You are correct – innocent people do not get arrested and only guilty murderers are gunned down by cops. [laugh]

Cops search the house, because she let them in, and find the scene similar to Scott’s photo. They confiscate everything and bring in the husband for questioning, aka interrogation. They open one of the ammo cans with loose 9mm and ask the guy:

Now they got to keep his guns, ammo and LTC. After some more “interviewing” they pin some other charges on the guy and DA gets a conviction and an article in BG about how they made our streets safer.

You should write science fiction for a living! [rolleyes]

It's obvious that you know nothing about the ammo CMR and yet you spout off in a way to terrorize other NES folks! [sad]

I'm sure that you won't believe me, but perhaps others will, on this matter . . .

Almost every time a chief revokes a LTC (due to "suitability" or 209A), his officers find "loose ammo". I KNOW that in more than a few cases, they were looking to jam up the poor slob, but in ALL CASES they were told the following:

- There is NO LAW wrt storage of ammo. Thus they can not charge anyone with anything, so they get their revenge by displaying everything for the media, publish his address and interview neighbors about the arsenal and massive amounts of "explosives" found at that address!

- As my fire chief told me "I enforce those regulations, not the police!" I was also told that the fire chief isn't out to crucify people for such things as having some loose ammo in cans or baggies, etc.

- So if any LEO tries interrogating someone wrt ammo storage, the smartest thing is to refuse to answer any question, demand your attorney be present . . . who if he knows firearms law will tell the LEO to buzz off, that it's out of his jurisdiction, end of conversation.

Even for Massachusetts this is unbelieveably over-the-top paranoid. [rolleyes]

I hearby award this post:

[tinfoil][tinfoil][tinfoil][tinfoil][tinfoil] out of [tinfoil][tinfoil][tinfoil][tinfoil][tinfoil]

You are understating it. This guy broke the paranoia meter! [rolleyes] [thinking]

Yes, statute was a wrong word. I mainly typed it as force of habit. However, most of our so called laws are nothing more than corporate policies/regulations anyway.

Yes most of these regulations are very difficult and in some cases impossible to enforce. However, most of the time they do not get you with gathered evidence, but with self incriminating or fraudulent statements. So although no one is busting down anyone’s door tonight because he/she keep loose ammo, it could bit an unaware NESer if he/she ever falls into their clutches. Here is one possible scenario – a wife calls police and says her husband is unstable gun hording lunatic. And she fears for his safety. Cops search the house, because she let them in, and find the scene similar to Scott’s photo. They confiscate everything and bring in the husband for questioning, aka interrogation. They open one of the ammo cans with loose 9mm and ask the guy:

The CMR is only enforceable by the FD/Chief, not the police, so that's the first part of fail with your legal fiction fairy tale here....

-Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom