Ammo Group Buys?

Dreadknaught65

NES Member
I'm shooting a lot more USPSA and PCSL with my friends. All in all, we've got a fairly large group of people, but I never see ammo group buys anymore.

Anyone have any ideas on where to get started? Most are going to want 9mm and .223/5.56. I figure with general interest, probably 50+ interested on the low end. That's been enough for some price breaks in the past, but I never see it anymore.

I'm shooting a lot more USPSA and PCSL with my friends. All in all, we've got a fairly large group of people, but I never see ammo group buys anymore.

Anyone have any ideas on where to get started? Most are going to want 9mm and .223/5.56. I figure with general interest, probably 50+ interested on the low end. That's been enough for some price breaks in the past, but I never see it anymore.
Why don’t you reach out to some ammo vendors to see if they even offer discounts on pallet size orders of ammo?

Way too much headache for that here in MA. But maybe a call to TSUSA and they might be able to give you a price break that you can then work out distribution with your friends.

you may find that you need an FFL to accept a large order (pallet or pallets)
If you are not already friendly with a FFL with a loading dock, you may be up against some fees that exceed any discounts you find

Way too much headache for that here in MA. But maybe a call to TSUSA and they might be able to give you a price break that you can then work out distribution with your friends.
just get on their ammo membership thing and buy whatever you can afford each month

I think someone needs to take Eddie Coyle's reloading class.
[thumbsup]
I wonder if EC aka massreloading would give a group class discount for he and his friends?
And possibly have a bulk purchase of ammo or reloading components with class enrollment?

I used to have a contact that did that kind of thing, but the minimum requirements always kept it out of reach. Last time I spoke with him, minimum order was 100k rounds per caliber, and there was a few month lead time.

Thanks for the info. I'm in NH and the group in particular meets at least once a month, so seemed doable.

A lot of people who shoot uspsa and pcsl tend to load their own ammo, also in 9 mm different people have different preferences on 124 or 147 vs 115 and different brands fed or cci or other related to primer hardness, or what makes or way exceeds power factor as mentioned above target sports is your friend lots of options

A lot of people who shoot uspsa and pcsl tend to load their own ammo, also in 9 mm different people have different preferences on 124 or 147 vs 115 and different brands fed or cci or other related to primer hardness, or what makes or way exceeds power factor as mentioned above target sports is your friend lots of options
You're right, some do. I find the older shooter and the Ms and GMs tend to be very picky. My group is younger and typically D-B class. Mostly people who want to improve, move around in a dynamic environment, and have fun. While most don't want to take a risk on some weird Turkish off brand for 5% savings, most have seemed willing to buy more middle brands if the savings are there.

Back
Top Bottom