Ammo Games at Walmart

About a month ago I went into walmart and a customer was complaining to the sporting goods worker and a manager about how the 3 box rule was bullshit.....On that day they had a ton of 223 and 7.62 tulammo in stock. He of course wanted to get as many as he could. Finally he bought his 3 boxes and left and the manager walked away. When the coast was clear the sporting goods guy says "I personally don't care how many boxes I sell you. I can only ring up 3 at a time though. If you come back 10 minutes for another 3, how do I know? I can't keep track of all the customers that come through."

After about an hour I had 18 boxes of 223 in my car. Might of been a little greedy of me, but the cabinets under the registers were still FULL of packs of 223.

I've seen the guy a couple times after that. He's been nice and has even offered to check in the back for recent shipments.

Just stopped by Framingham, the app still shows limited stock of .22 525 packs - nothing. Tge guy said it didn't make it to the shelves, whatever that means

means he bought it and ignored the 3 box limit most likely

I was in just a little after 8am the other day and was already the 9th ammo customer of the morning. He said that there were people waiting first thing and they bought all of the 525 packs before he could put them on the shelf.

I was in just a little after 8am the other day and was already the 9th ammo customer of the morning. He said that there were people waiting first thing and they bought all of the 525 packs before he could put them on the shelf.

And it won't end as long as there's a black market for it. $$$

Then why would he tell me 8, thats just dishonest. Either way, it still said "in stock" until late morning. It was there, but I wasn't wasting my time arguing.
When I bought from Hudson it went from "In stock" to "limited" in minutes.

they tell everyone 8:00 but when you have 50 people lined up at 7:00 for 20 boxes of ammo it does nothing but clog the aisles of the store and they want us out as soon as possible so by 7:20 some manager tells the guy go ahead and sell so we can get these people out of here

Duh. It will end when a**h***s stop hoarding or buying to sell a profit.

I know all these buyers aren't at the range. It's empty.

Kinda like the "WTS" ad just posted in the WTB Firearm Accessories & Reloading Equipment/Supplies..............7.62x39 Tula for $12???? sells for $5.17 at walmart.

Kinda like the "WTS" ad just posted in the WTB Firearm Accessories & Reloading Equipment/Supplies..............7.62x39 Tula for $12???? sells for $5.17 at walmart.

That's just unscrupulous, I say! And to stay of thread, the West Boylston Walmart (the one staffed by Ted Nugent) rarely has more than 1-2 handgun calibers in stock.

Had that happen last night in RI to me and started on corporate this morning I hope there will be some job openings before the week is out.

David xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cranston RI 02920
xxx-xxx-xxxx

Walmart Supercenter #2283
650 Centre Of New England Blvd
Coventry, RI 02816

Re Corporate policy

Good Morning
On 5-2-2013 at approximately 530 pm I was attempting to buy 22 caliber ammunition from your store and encountered a situation that I can not believe is corporate policy. The associate, an older gentleman behind the counter in the sporting goods counter, when asked about 22lr ammo almost begrudgingly grabbed 1 box of Winchester 555 bulk ammo from the floor by the register.
When asked if there was any more as I wanted to get my allotted 3 boxes I was told all there was left was a box he was holding for a customer. I inquired when Walmart stopped first come first serve and after a moment pulled a second box from under the counter. I could see a third box on the floor and while asking about it a manager with a name tag of Joey or Joe started asking what the problem was. There was a conversation regarding him buying the ammo in question and that box was there was for him.
I have no problem with your employees buying ammo but they should have to abide by the same sales policies as the customer off the street which as I understand is first come, first serve and 3 box max. If your employees are entitled to preferred treatment as a matter of corporate policy then please post that police for all to see. If this is not corporate policy then please put a stop to this from happening.

I can understand the shortage and the rush to buy ammo when it is available, but I hate to conceder if your manager Joey and the older gentleman whose name I didn’t get, are working in collusion to purchase ammo from Walmart at an employee discount and pass it around to their friends and family. I also question if all of the 22lr ammo that came in to your store which looked to have been a 10 box case was all actually sold or possible kept in back for later sales to other employees.

I hope to hear back for you regarding this situation and hopefully your plans to correct this problem.

Thank You

Dave xxxxxxxxxx
Cc Walmart Home Office
702 SW 8th Street
Bentonville, AR 72716-8611

That's just unscrupulous, I say! And to stay of thread, the West Boylston Walmart (the one staffed by Ted Nugent) rarely has more than 1-2 handgun calibers in stock.

Ted seems to be MIA recently and a couple newer guys working in that area. Ted is decent people and always requested that you didn't stiff the next guy in line if he was short ammo.

I feel for newer shooters,when the price of 7.62x39 jumped from $45 a case to $70 back around Y2K and then again in '02 I panicked and bought a case every month of different calibers.It was scarce at times because net rumors of no more importation and the military needed it for training new Iraqi police.

Now I'm the only one on the range.

If i worked there i would be doing the same thing.
Would i buy as much as i want every time it comes in?, yup, preferred treatment for my friends?, oh you know it.
Sell them on nes with a 100% mark up to finally get that jet ski? pricelesssssssss [smile]
Dont get me wrong, im pissed my range time is now once a month tops, but i couldnt complain too much about what you mention because it's a given that it would happen.

Ted seems to be MIA recently and a couple newer guys working in that area. Ted is decent people and always requested that you didn't stiff the next guy in line if he was short ammo.

I agree. And I was in there today and a manager served me (no Ted). Hopefully he's still working there.

Stock up and stop whining. After all the shit on the news we need to be ready for ammo shortages.

I didn't think Dave was whining at all. All employees and patrons fall under the policy (3 box limit, first come/serve) that Walmart sets. A customer that is blatantly being screwed by an employee has a right to be upset. His complaint had nothing to do with there being an ammo shortage, but rather what was available wasn't being sold in the manner prescribed by Corporate policy.

Whenver I get off of midnight shift, or 2nd shift I hit a local Walmart. Late at night, or early in the morning seem to be the best times for stock.

I didn't think Dave was whining at all. All employees and patrons fall under the policy (3 box limit, first come/serve) that Walmart sets. A customer that is blatantly being screwed by an employee has a right to be upset. His complaint had nothing to do with there being an ammo shortage, but rather what was available wasn't being sold in the manner prescribed by Corporate policy.

Exactly When an employee is telling me there is no more 22 to buy and I can still see it on the floor, still in the case it was shipped in I want my fair share. Don't tell me your holding it for a customer who called up and don't tell me your holding it for another Walmart worker. I'm standing there with $$ in my hand
and if it could be held for pickup I would have ordered it on line and walked in at my convience.

Back
Top Bottom