Ammo Games at Walmart

I too would like to know why you think this. I was getting worried at my local joint but now I know the "system"...

Oh it is happening, the company calls it under stocking when employees do it for themselves, but they can put stuff aside and hold it for a customer who claimed to call in. For the people who don't think that this happens.. well you are the same ones that think lawyers and politicians are out for the peoples best interests!!

Charles.

For example. I bought 2 boxes of ammo the other day, and there was a guy behind me. The person then told the guy behind me that there was no more 22. I sold the guy one of the boxes that I had just bought so he could have some. The sales person then brought out another case of 22 after we both left according to my friend that works there. So, I walked out with 1 box, when I should have been able to get 3, as well as the guy behind me.

I stop almost every morning so that I have enough to take to the range, and if I can get some ammo for a few friends. At best I find a box or two a week so far. I'm not walking out with 3 boxes a day.

Ive been checking a few walmarts for the last couple months and they are always empty no matter what day it is. But I always see in the classifieds tons of cases for sale that Id bet anything were from a friends, friends, roomates, nephew that works there. Its always the same people selling it too.

I have heard stories you have to think if you are a Walmart clerk making min wage you probably can make some good money holding ammo for people

If you have a problem, why complain because life ain't fair? Make friends with the Sporting Goods guy, get a part-time job there (get a 10% discount on ammo, too) I just find it tattle-tale to say "H-h-HE'S HOARDING ALL THE AMMO!"

Note that I don't understock at my store, but I know it happens.

I must be slacking at work, because this was sent using Tapatalk

I just got back from Wally on the Oxford line. EMPTY I tell my buddy at work and he says you have to ask at that store, its all under the counter in sporting goods?

You would think they would put a sign on the cabinet or something?

0408131211.jpg

I'm over it, I'll check in later in the year or in 2014 but for now I'm done with wally. Local stores have ammo at a few bucks more a box (except gougers reselling wally world federal and wwb, they're on the shit list) personally I'm going to support them and ramp up my reloading going forward.

Posted from my car phone.

I've been nothing but nice and respectful to the sporting goods person. There isn't much else I can do. I've even shared with other people that were in line looking for some.

If you have a problem, why complain because life ain't fair? Make friends with the Sporting Goods guy, get a part-time job there (get a 10% discount on ammo, too) I just find it tattle-tale to say "H-h-HE'S HOARDING ALL THE AMMO!"

Note that I don't understock at my store, but I know it happens.

I must be slacking at work, because this was sent using Tapatalk

I wonder if you'd be so supportive of the practice if there were a gasoline shortage and the station attendants were doing the same thing?

I wonder if you'd be so supportive of the practice if there were a gasoline shortage and the station attendants were doing the same thing?

I don't own a car, so [thumbsup] BUT I see what you're saying. Yeah, it's inconvenient, but so what? "Oh noes someone else bought all the ammo!" So, like I said, do something about it. The world does not revolve around you or I, nor is it always fair.

I'm supportive of a business doing whatever the **** they want.

I also support a business doing whatever it wants. I don't begrudge the employees getting ammo, but telling a customer they don't have any in stock when they do, is not "the business" doing whatever they want. WalMart has shown a lot of class by not raising their prices like most other stores have, so why would they want an employee undoing the good customer relations? I went to Acme's grand opening, ant they had a moderate amount of .22 LR. I bought a few 100 paks, just didn't feel right making a pig of myself.

I also support a business doing whatever it wants. I don't begrudge the employees getting ammo, but telling a customer they don't have any in stock when they do, is not "the business" doing whatever they want. WalMart has shown a lot of class by not raising their prices like most other stores have, so why would they want an employee undoing the good customer relations? I went to Acme's grand opening, ant they had a moderate amount of .22 LR. I bought a few 100 paks, just didn't feel right making a pig of myself.

Nor could you afford to...

Salem Epping and Plaistow NH stores are guilty. Walmart.com showed some 22lr available.. I happened to be driving to work at 630am.. I stopped at 7am.. I was probably the 3rd person in the store as they opened the store. Went to sporting area.. Case was empty..Talked to a clerk that had a price gun.. He looked up the SKU and said.. yes we have 20 boxes.. I said I want one.. Clerk said let me get someone from this dept. Another Clerk shows up with a smile in his face.. Said all 20 boxes of 22lr were sold this morning.

I said it is 7:05am.. I am the 3rd person in the store..He said.. sorry all sold. I told him.. I hope you enjoy all he 22's but please dont choke on them.

I get it.. Wally employees want ammo too.. but please play fair.

Riley's in NH had boxes of 9mm and .45 and and wouldn't sell them, said they were out of ammo and when I pointed at the boxes sitting on the floor next to me they said I can go the next day and purchase, tonight they are not for sale. Walmart is not the only place were weird things happen. Everyone is taking advantage of this situation and act like douchebags.

Walmart in Leicester showed 9MM in stock on line and clerk says "oh no, my manager told me we don't have any". Still showing stock now

Back
Top Bottom