• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ammo bargain days returning?

So make it $4 a pound. Then the cost of material is 12 cents each for a 30-06 case. The point is the cost of materials has little to do with the retail price of ammunition.

LMAO... not sure if serious. It has everything to do with the cost of ammunition, most of the price increases over the last decade are because of commodity prices on Lead and Copper going full retard at different times.

-Mike

Lol, you think that's a bargain? [rofl]

I used to pay $120 for 1000 rounds of WWB. We're never going to see that, ever again. It's better than what it was, sure... I'll take it.

-Mike

There is this thing called inflation. Even if .gov says there isn't any. We'll never see 99 cent gas again either.

The bottom line is that ammo, like guns, doesn't depreciate.

Last edited:
When I started getting interested again in shooting, around 2006, American Eagle brass cased 5.56 was about $160 / 1000, buying retail. So equivalent to about 0.20 a round today maybe. Best price I've seen recently for brass cased is about 0.35 a round on retail shelves. So it's definitely been going up a lot over the last decade, certainly faster than inflation. And there seems to be no surplus available, certainly not like there was.

Best. Post. Ever. I budget $x.x each month for ammunition. I've done that since the first Obama scare and it's worked out well. Even if it's scarce and I can't buy in a particular month, I have the money set aside.

Rob - Two rules about buying ammo -
1) Only buy on days that end in "y".
2) Only plan on buying on days that start with "t", (today and tomorrow).

In other words, it's always a good time to get more ammo :)

The nice thing about having ammo on my shelves is that I can always grab a couple boxes and go to the range. I don't have to worry about what's in stock at the local stores. And as long as I buy at least as much as I use, I have a decent supply on hand at all times.

Back
Top Bottom