Ammo bargain days returning?

One retailer in CT has Blazer Brass 9mm at $10.49, .40 at $12.99, 45 ACP at $14.99...
Speer Lawman also similarly priced. Can't mention names, but you can ask.
Other online retailers seem to be down in price, too.

...almost not worth reloading.
Perhaps component prices will sink, too?

Time for me to get some more ammo...

Rob - Two rules about buying ammo -
1) Only buy on days that end in "y".
2) Only plan on buying on days that start with "t", (today and tomorrow).

In other words, it's always a good time to get more ammo :)

The nice thing about having ammo on my shelves is that I can always grab a couple boxes and go to the range. I don't have to worry about what's in stock at the local stores. And as long as I buy at least as much as I use, I have a decent supply on hand at all times.

Rob - Two rules about buying ammo -
1) Only buy on days that end in "y".
2) Only plan on buying on days that start with "t", (today and tomorrow).

In other words, it's always a good time to get more ammo :)

The nice thing about having ammo on my shelves is that I can always grab a couple boxes and go to the range. I don't have to worry about what's in stock at the local stores. And as long as I buy at least as much as I use, I have a decent supply on hand at all times.

lmao. GREAT Advice!!!! My ammo cabinet is kind of full but if it's a bit of a better bargain than normal I'll find another shelf...lol I'll make some room somewhere...

I only have 3 totes full. Just had to consolidate everything in preparation for our move out to Hull. Shit is heavy. We have movers for the regular stuff, but I'm taking all the firearm stuff with me in the truck and trailer. I'm going to be a rolling arsenal.

One retailer in CT has Blazer Brass 9mm at $10.49, .40 at $12.99, 45 ACP at $14.99...
Speer Lawman also similarly priced. Can't mention names, but you can ask.
Other online retailers seem to be down in price, too.

...almost not worth reloading.
Perhaps component prices will sink, too?

Lol, you think that's a bargain? [rofl]

I used to pay $120 for 1000 rounds of WWB. We're never going to see that, ever again. It's better than what it was, sure... I'll take it.

-Mike

Almost not worth reloading? Sure if you like spending $200+ per case for crappy ammo versus the $130/k I'm spending to make quality ammo that groups well through my gun [smile]

Much of the cost of brass ammo is copper, since lead and zinc are like 1/3 the cost of copper.

Copper is $2.40/lb today, having dropped $4.50/lb around 2011, so that’s part of it. But Copper was < $1.00 10 years ago, before the China boom and Fed money policy drove it up.

I wouldn’t count on it to keep dropping though, since the Fed is going to keep printing money by the trillions, which drives up commodity prices. I’m stocking up now at these prices.

I wouldn’t count on it to keep dropping though, since the Fed is going to keep printing money by the trillions, which drives up commodity prices. I’m stocking up now at these prices.

I'd expect greater government restrictions on components to be in the works, so it wouldn't hurt to stockpile primers, powder and bullets, too.
"Don't Panic" but buy when you come across items that you can use.

I'd expect greater government restrictions on components to be in the works, so it wouldn't hurt to stockpile primers, powder and bullets, too.
"Don't Panic" but buy when you come across items that you can use.

I would think they'd need the Supreme Court to come out with a new anti-2A decision before that stuff would fly?

Prices do seem to be down. I wouldn't be surprised if they start creeping back up next year due to the primaries causing scare buying.

This, absolutely. I predict full blown panic when Hillary gets the nomination and a scare that makes the last couple look tame when she gets elected. Pile it high and deep while you have the chance.

This, absolutely. I predict full blown panic when Hillary gets the nomination and a scare that makes the last couple look tame when she gets elected. Pile it high and deep while you have the chance.

Doesn't matter whether or not she gets nominated or even elected. Even the slightest prospect of it will send people into retard level buying tics.

Smart buyers would do well to lay in supplies from now till end of january 2016. Once we get into primaries, etc, blah, the paranoia will start ensuing. After the summer is over full retard is guaranteed regardless of who the dems pick, as they're both considered to be gun banning
pricks at least in sentiment.

-Mike

Doesn't matter whether or not she gets nominated or even elected. Even the slightest prospect of it will send people into retard level buying tics.

Smart buyers would do well to lay in supplies from now till end of january 2016. Once we get into primaries, etc, blah, the paranoia will start ensuing. After the summer is over full retard is guaranteed regardless of who the dems pick, as they're both considered to be gun banning

-Mike

I think people are getting a bit immune to it, since we continue to have school shootings but not any response from Washington beyond some rhetoric. Hilary winning the general election would probably shock people into panic though.

-Mike

I have been stocking up and will continue as soon as I get some more dry secure storage.

I think people are getting a bit immune to it, since we continue to have school shootings but not any response from Washington beyond some rhetoric. Hilary winning the general election would probably shock people into panic though.

Sort of, but also remember that those shootings are low memetic value. They're meaningless because they don't really involve toddler corpses, so anything post sandy hook doesn't mean much. The conservative tinfoiler knitting circle BS about fake gun bans, confiscation, shit like that, etc, though will go full swing, full on foamer, levels, once hitlery or sanders gets nominated, unless there's some dark horse in the wings.

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

This is the only part I disagree with you on. I think a lot of people ended up "blowing their load" on Obama between elections and sandy hookmaster BS. If there is a panic I think it will be relatively short lived because there isn't as much disposable cash out there for ammo as there used to be.

-Mike

The NRA will do everything they can to generate another panic, they're already at it. It makes money for their biggest donors, the gun & ammo manufacturers and distributors which means more money for NRA. The membership needs to write/fax/email them and tell them to cut the sh*t!

What will eventually drive down ammo costs is the rise of polymer blend ammo and composite casings. The less copper, zinc, and to a lesser extent lead, the cheaper the cartridge.

Waher, would that were true. Consider this. At $2 a pound retail, the brass in a 30-06 costs 6 cents. Or, ditto lead costs, it takes 175 bullets to use up that $2. Material costs can't be ignored - overhead and advertising certainly cost us more.

Sort of, but also remember that those shootings are low memetic value. They're meaningless because they don't really involve toddler corpses, so anything post sandy hook doesn't mean much. The conservative tinfoiler knitting circle BS about fake gun bans, confiscation, shit like that, etc, though will go full swing, full on foamer, levels, once hitlery or sanders gets nominated, unless there's some dark horse in the wings.

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

This is the only part I disagree with you on. I think a lot of people ended up "blowing their load" on Obama between elections and sandy hookmaster BS. If there is a panic I think it will be relatively short lived because there isn't as much disposable cash out there for ammo as there used to be.

-Mike

See, and I think that people have started recovering now (from the money they blew during the panics, at least). We will have some more folks who never owned a gun before saying "holy cow! This is it! Grab one and some ammo before Hillary gets in!"

My biggest concern isn't that the .gov is going to suddenly figure out a way to ban ammo, or impose a 1,000% tax or something crazy like that. I am really worried that when Hillary gets elected she will wind up in the same position that her husband was in. The democrat party might take the house and exist as a rubber stamp for her. If that happens, I fully expect another nationwide AWB and magazine limits, but without an expiration date this time. It's not that big a deal to people who are going to live in Massachusetts or another iron curtain state, but for those who want to escape, it's a very big deal. I'm trying very enthusiastically to get my wife and I out of here before the end of the year and I plan on making some huge purchases as soon as we cross the border into a free state for good.

-Mike

I think that the economic recovery is resulting in people starting to have more disposable cash

The prices are definitely coming down some. I saw some steel case 223 for 20 cents a round recently and brass cased in the 30 cent area.

The NRA will do everything they can to generate another panic, they're already at it. It makes money for their biggest donors, the gun & ammo manufacturers and distributors which means more money for NRA. The membership needs to write/fax/email them and tell them to cut the sh*t!

The NRA doesn't even have to do anything, it's all the conservative semi tinfoiler email knitting circle bullshit, it's become it's own thing now. Basically there are these huge forward loops of people that forward shit from prisonplanet, infowars, faux news, etc, so on and on and on. The NRA isn't the only one ginning up hysteria. Same thing happened last 3 times. After sandy hookmaster the NRA was pretty quiet but people still derivately decided "ZOMG TODDLER CORPSES DEY GONNA BAN EVERYTHING NOW! BWLEEEEAAAUGH!! PVBBBBBTTT! (insert a bunch of people making Bobcat Goldthwait kind of noises here)

-Mike

See, and I think that people have started recovering now (from the money they blew during the panics, at least). We will have some more folks who never owned a gun before saying "holy cow! This is it! Grab one and some ammo before Hillary gets in!"

True enough, there will be some more newbs... which is a good thing overall.

My biggest concern isn't that the .gov is going to suddenly figure out a way to ban ammo, or impose a 1,000% tax or something crazy like that. I am really worried that when Hillary gets elected she will wind up in the same position that her husband was in. The democrat party might take the house and exist as a rubber stamp for her. If that happens, I fully expect another nationwide AWB and magazine limits, but without an expiration date this time.

Not happening. Outside of like 5? full on moonbat states an AWB is politically unpopular. Even many dems aren't going to suck for that. The last few times an AWB was introduced people like Pelosi didn't even cosponsor the thing. It doesn't suddenly become politically tenable just because of a few crappy shootings over a 10+ year period.

The weebly states aren't going to touch that shit with a 10 foot pole.

-Mike

Waher, would that were true. Consider this. At $2 a pound retail, the brass in a 30-06 costs 6 cents. Or, ditto lead costs, it takes 175 bullets to use up that $2. Material costs can't be ignored - overhead and advertising certainly cost us more.

The $2.40 price of copper is mined or recycled copper, I'm sure the ammo dealers are paying considerably more per pound. Dunno if they create their own brass alloys or buy them ingots, I'd guess the latter.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that the economic recovery is resulting in people starting to have more disposable cash

Economic recovery? [laugh]

-Mike

This +1

True enough, there will be some more newbs... which is a good thing overall.

Not happening. Outside of like 5? full on moonbat states an AWB is politically unpopular. Even many dems aren't going to suck for that. The last few times an AWB was introduced people like Pelosi didn't even cosponsor the thing. It doesn't suddenly become politically tenable just because of a few crappy shootings over a 10+ year period.

The weebly states aren't going to touch that shit with a 10 foot pole.

-Mike
I hope you're right, but I'm scared that I am. [frown] I would honestly be surprised if we didn't see some crazy crap get passed on the federal level within the next five years or so.

So make it $4 a pound. Then the cost of material is 12 cents each for a 30-06 case. The point is the cost of materials has little to do with the retail price of ammunition.

Ammo definitely isn't what people say it once was, but I got into guns in 2011 and this is the lowest it's been. Few brands of 9mm selling for around $10/50rnds and 5.56 XM193 is $159 for 500rnds, which seems just fine to me.

Back
Top Bottom