american made hunting boot

Now the Lacrosse has gone to China, as well as Sorrel? ( A site said made outside Canada) I am looking for new boots for my sons. American or Canadian made.
Does anyone have experience with the LL Bean hunting boots? How do they work in the cold?
These are shearling lined
http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/4335...ined&attrValue_0=Brown/Brown&productId=732953

We need warm boots for tree stand hunting. I've never had the LL Bean boots...

Those LL Bean boots aren't that warm.

Buy some of the old US Military surplus Mickey Mouse boots (rubber wrapped around wool & air bladder). They look goofy, but they work! I had gotten mine from the Sportsman's Den online, but military surplus stores sell them.

Baffin pack boots from Canada, but not sure if they are still made from there or not. Better made than Sorels.

Throw those chemical hand warmers in the boots when get to your stand and your feet will be very toasty!

I believe Danners are still made in Oregon. danner.com

Dave

Some are. There is an option on the product menu "Made in the USA" that shows all boots that are USA made. I've had Danners for awhile and the USA made boots are +1000 times better than the "regular" boots. Be prepared to spend $300+ though.

Thanks guys,
I saw the Danners site but doesn't look like they make a pack style boot, just work boots.
I had suspicions about the LLBean not being warm.....thanks

The lined bean boots with wool socks are plenty warm. These are what I hunt in in late fall. If it is really cold I will throw a couple of heaters in the toes.

The lined bean boots with wool socks are plenty warm. These are what I hunt in in late fall. If it is really cold I will throw a couple of heaters in the toes.

Those toe warmers may be the best invention ever, EVER. (besides JMB's masterpiece of course)

Those and I also carry one of those Zippo hand-warmers in the Winter seasons. Fill it up with about an ounce of fluid and it'll emit some serious heat for 10+ hours.

Hey we were up at the Case/zippo museum and my wife grabbed one of those. When I was a kid we had the Jonee brand. Great heat, I wouldn't use one deer hunting though.
I don't duck hunt but I imagine they are great for that.....

Back
Top Bottom