Am I missing something here, SKS question

Its been re-listed, I think the sale was bogus.

The only SKS variant that anyone in their right mind would pay $1200 for is a mint 1949 original rifle. Then it goes North Korean, East German, and a few other rarites.

Its been re-listed, I think the sale was bogus.

The only SKS variant that anyone in their right mind would pay $1200 for is a mint 1949 original rifle. Then it goes North Korean, East German, and a few other rarites.

Relisted auction was ended almost immediately from the look of it - seller probably had it auto-relisting. If nothing is too special about it, I'm going to guess that it was just a case of good ol' fashion bidding wars getting the best of people.

It does look to be an original as issued 1953 Tula, and not a refurb. But at $1,200, one should be able to buy an as issued Izhevesk.

From the condition (not the prettiest), it looks like a $6-700 gun, tops.

I have seen a 52 tula original go for $1200-$1400 about 8-10 months ago. I remember reaching out to Martin08 on it. it had me thinking about selling a similar one I own. He luckily talked me back down. [smile]

The pictures were much better. There was no doubt that is was an unmolested original. The cartouches were solid. the stain on the stock looked brand new. It had a buy now that was scooped up in the range I listed. it could have been SKS fever at the time but i have seen exceptional examples with good pics (but rarely) of 52-54 tulas break 4 digits.

Back
Top Bottom